𝟖| 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

"I have a surprise for you." Hank tells her.

Watching as he handed the box out towards her, Y/n takes it with a curiosity in her gaze. Hank watches as she opens up it, her curious smile slowly fading when she caught sight of two needles with a green-like liquid laying inside. Realization comes across her gaze as she looks up towards him, seeing he had already been staring at her.

"I isolated the right marker in your DNA sample. Your serum works like an antibiotic, attacking the cells that cause your abilities. For me, it only attacks the cells that causes my physical mutation. It'll only affect my appearance. I gave Raven hers, but she didn't seem so sure." Hank explains, taking notice of how quiet she was. "Do you still wanna do this?"

Y/n squints her eyes on him curiously. "Should you have to hide?"

"I've done it my whole life. I don't wanna feel like a freak all the time." Hank admits, shaking his head. "I just wanna look normal."

As they continued standing in front of one another, Hank had taken a glance down towards the box she was still holding and reached over to grab the one needle that he knew was meant for him, considering he had placed a label on each to know whose was whose. Y/n's e/c eyes watched as he prepared himself to stab the needle into his skin, placing the box down before grabbing his hands, stopping him from doing so.

"Don't." Y/n demands, their eyes making contact. "You're beautiful, Hank. Everything you are, you are perfect. Look at all of us. Look at all we've achieved this week. All we will achieve."

"I thought you were scared of your abilities." Hank recalls.

Y/n nods. "I was. I am. I always will be, but I've learned to accept them. I've learned to control them."

There was a moment of silence as Hank found himself getting lost in her beautiful e/c eyes, his own blue eyes staring into her own. Neither of the two said a word as Y/n continued to hold Hank's hands, refusing for him to put the needle into his skin. Y/n felt butterflies in her stomach when he had placed his larger hands on her own, their fingers brushing together.

"It behooves me to tell you that even if we save the world tomorrow, and mutants are accepted into society, my feet will never be deemed beautiful." Hank states, holding the needle up. "I need this cure."

Hesitantly looking away from her pleading gaze and taking his hands off of hers, the young man turns around and walks towards the door. Y/n found herself calling out his name with a frown, though the brunette only took one glance back with a saddened expression before he was leaving her room and closing the door behind him.

* * *

The sun was bright as it shined down on the many citizens in the one out of the many other countries in the world. The birds chirping echoed all around in the early morning of the area where the mansion could be seen. The group had all gotten a good night's rest for themselves before they'd have to go out and fight against Shaw in the next few hours or so. The Xavier mansion stood tall and proud like it had been ever since it had been built many, many years ago for the Xavier family.

Half of the group could be seen outside of the lab Hank had been working in for the past couple of days, Raven now in her blue form instead of her normal human form. A piece of paper with Hank's handwriting could be seen taped to the door of the lab, the words 'gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X. Hank' written with a black marker. Charles ripped the paper off before opening up the doors, everyone stopping at the sight of the lab a complete mess.

"What the hell happened here?" Erik wonders out loud, thinking the same thing they were all thinking.

Y/n stared at the lab with a frown, silently hoping that Hank had listened to her and didn't take the serum. However, she wasn't so confident that he had anymore. Charles had been moving to the other end of the room where the large crate marked with a big 'X' could be seen at the top oft he lid. Everyone soon joined his side as he opened up the lid, all of them staring down at it to reveal similar suits that Hank had made for himself and all of them to wear for the fight they were about to endure.

"Hank has been busy." Erik comments.

"Do we really have to wear these?" Alex questions.

Charles sighs. "As none of us mutated to endure extreme g-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up."

And with that, he was grabbing the lid and closing the crate shut before they were heading out, taking the crate with them. It wasn't all that long till they found themselves wearing the matching suits that Hank had made for all of them, standing in a line. Y/n found herself standing in between her older brother and Raven as they all looked up at the jet parked in the garage they were currently in, silently wondering where Hank was since he was still nowhere in sight.

"Where's Hank?" Y/n speaks up, breaking the silence.

"I'm here." Hank's voice calls out.

The group snapped their eyes to the sound of his voice, only for confusion to come across their faces when they noticed that Hank's figure didn't look like Hank. They could hear his footsteps were a lot more louder than usual, and it looked like he had fur all over his body. Y/n shared a confused glance with Alex and Erik before Hank revealed his face to them all, revealing he was all blue like Raven was now and fur laid around his body. His nails were replaced with claws, teeth now like fangs. With his glasses still on, Hank hesitantly looked towards Y/n to make eye contact with her.

"It didn't attack the cells. It enhanced them." Hank announces, looking down at his feet. "It didn't work."

"Yes, it did, Hank." Y/n argues while stepping forward. "Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be. This is you."

"No more hiding." Raven adds, showing she agreed.

Erik reaches over to pat his arm. "You never looked better, man."

Next thing the rest of the group knew, Y/n found herself stepping back when Hank's hand immediately reached up and wrapped around her brother's neck, lifting him off the ground and off of his feet. Y/n's eyes widened as Erik's hands instantly went around Hank's wrists, calling out the beast's voice. Hank ignored hers and Charles' warning calls, continuing to glare at Erik as he let out a very deep growl.

"Don't mock me!" Hank grunts out.

"Hank, put him down immediately, please." Charles instructs, but he didn't.

"Hank!" Y/n calls to him.

Much to their luck, the young man released his hand from Erik's neck as the older male dropped down to the floor of the garage they were all standing in. Erik's face had turned red from being choked, tears in his eyes while his hands came up to hold his neck. Y/n crouched down beside her older brother, hand resting on his shoulder as she soon helped him back up.

"I wasn't." Erik croaks out in reply.

"Even I got to admit you look pretty badass. I think I got a new name for you. Beast." Alex reveals, getting a deep growl from Hank.

"You're sure you can fly this thing?" Sean asks as he gestures to the jet.

Hank nods. "Of course I can. I designed it."

After a moment, he looked back towards Y/n, making eye contact with her as he watched her softly smile at him. It didn't take all too long till the group found themselves dispersing, grabbing the things they'd need before they were all entering the jet and leaving the airbase, heading to their destination.