Chapter 1

Hina-April

It's been too long. Too long since I've lost every bit of my memory.

Everything faded away, leaving only a white emptiness to surround me. I know I've been in a coma for two years, according to Keigo.

People who are in a coma, apparently, may hear "outside" discussions. Some even feel they can remember events that happened around them, and some don't. I probably won't remember everything I know till now. If I ever wake up.

So far, I've discovered that I have a brother, Keigo, and a sister, Kaori. There is also another voice, Asami, Keigo's girlfriend, who occasionally visits me. She sometimes comes alone.

I'm not going to lie. Being trapped inside this infinite white for so long would have been really lonely if these people hadn't talked to me virtually every day.

There's also something strange about this place that I'm not really complaining about. When someone talks, everything around me changes color depending on the speaker.

Keigo, for instance, is yellow, Kaori is teal, and Asami is light green. My hypothesis is that I only have colors for people who I share memories of my past with since the room remains white while a doctor or a nurse talks.

There was this particular moment, I can't know when it was since I have no sense of time, but the room turned a particularly distinct shade of blue. A sky blue from a man whose voice I only heard for a split second and haven't heard since. He didn't say anything other than, "I'm sorry."

I think he was crying too. Maybe, if I ever wake up, I can ask my siblings.

Keigo only talks to me about Kaori whenever he visits. How she's doing so well in school and she's soon about to become a hero's sidekick.

Kaori talks to me about anything in her life. Unlike Keigo, she visits me almost everyday and I believe she makes time for me even if she hasn't any and I appreciate that. She tells me about Keigo and how they're both doing at the agency, about her boyfriend—Katsuki I believe it was—and that they're planning to get an apartment together. She says she hopes she can become Keigo's sidekick. That they would be a great duo since they have similar quirks.

They sound happy and even though I don't feel as though they're my family, I'm glad they have each other. I'm happy they are continuing their lives while I'm not there with them.

Of course, there are also bad days where Kaori will come, saying she misses me a lot and wishes I would wake up at that moment. She cried last time.

Honestly, I wish it was in my hand but, from what the doctors keep saying, they are not sure when I'm going to wake up.

That's also bad news for me. I can't keep living inside this blank canvas any longer. Even with people talking to me regularly, it's terribly lonely. Because all I can do is listen and watch the color of the room bloom to tell me who my visitor is.

"Hey, Hina!" Teal bleeds in the walls around me. It's Kaori and she sounds quite excited. "I have great news! Right before you stands a freshly graduated from U.A. hero and I got accepted at Keigo's agency as his sidekick, of course, aaand drum roll, please!" She's so cute; she acts like a little child when she's excited. "I'm moving in with Katsuki! We picked an apartment close to our agencies–Oh, right, Keigo moved his agency to Tokyo so I could still be with Katsuki and-"

"No," Yellow splatters in the centers of the walls. Keigo. "I did it because Asami found a good deal for her fashion designer studio there."

"Of course you did. That's surely the only reason."

"She's my girlfriend, of course I'm going to support her!"