Chapter 9: Lucky

__________

Last Chapter-

As the day went on, you grew tired and it became nighttime once again. You drag yourself to the Mystery Shack, I guess it's my new home now.

__________

You arrive at the Mystery Shack. It was late at night and everyone was tired from the past day.

You open the door and see Wendy asleep at the cash register. "Hey, Wendy! We're back!" You shout happily. Wendy jumps up awake, "Oh, hey man! How was your anomaly adventure thing?" Ford sighs, "It was a mess, to say the least. I had to be saved by Y/N and-" "And she saved the whole group," Dipper continued. "Wow, sounds like you had a lot of fun," Wendy smiled.

"Quit snoozing off at your job! I know we don't have many customers, but that's no excuse for sleeping at your job," Stanley shouted at Wendy as he came into the room. "Oh, you guys are back," Stanley mentioned after spotting us, tired. Ford turned to Dipper and Mabel, "It's getting pretty late, I recommend going to bed. Even I'm tired," Ford yawned. "I'm probably going to go to sleep after a while, too," You say to Ford. "Oh, by the way, how long are 'ya going to be saying here?" Stan stared at you. You shrugged, "I don't know, as long as you let me." Grunkle Stan smiled, "Well, go check upstairs." You looked at Stan suspiciously but trusted him enough to walk upstairs. You slowly walk up to the attic and notice three beds, one more bed than before. One was Dipper's. One was Mabel's. And... "That's one yours, Y/N." You stuttered in shock, "O-uh, eh. Thank you." "Don't thank me. I got it for 9 cents at some old shop," Stan said. "I hope I don't regret spending that 9 cents later," Stan mumbles as he walks away. You were shocked and happy about this news. You jump from upstairs, down. You see Ford as he reads Journal 1. "Hey, Ford! Have you heard about what Grunkle Stan gave me!?" You say excitedly. Ford looks up at you and smiles, "I indeed have heard about it. I'm going to sleep at my desk, that's my plan." You smile back at Ford.

"What are you reading there?" You walk over to Ford curiously. "Oh, I'm reading Journal 1. It's very old, I just wanted to go back on memory lane and see my old journal," Ford flipped through the pages. "Can I join?" You asked. "Of course! Do you want to read Journal 3? Or, do you want to read Journal 1 with me?" Ford offered. You remember that Journal 3 talked about Bill Cipher... Perhaps knowing more about him would be helpful since he lived in your mind now... "Journal 3. Twice the time of going down memory lane!" Ford smiled, "Well, you're not wrong!"

Ford handed Journal 3 over to you and you sat next to him, "I thought Dipper was holding on to it." "Dipper gives it back to me for the night," Ford explains.

You flip quickly through the journal, and Ford stares at you while you do so. You turn yourself to Ford, so he doesn't know what you're reading about, and you pretend that the way you're sitting is more comfortable. You land on a page with a drawing of Bill Cipher... And, Dipper and Mabel were fighting him. On the top of the page it read, "Grunkle Stan's Mind!" You read through it and discover that everyone new so far that you have met has met Bill Cipher... But you read further and further, and at the end of the second page, it talks about someone named Gideon... And how he stole the Mystery Shack... "Who is Gideon? He sounds like a weirdo. Who would name their child Gideon?" Ford shrugs, "Ask Stanley, I think he knows more about him than me. Also, Dipper and Mabel know him too." You sigh and close Journal 3 shut, "I'm not sleepy, but it's already midnight. I should probably get going, it was fun reading with you!" Ford smiles, "Goodnight!" "Goodnight," You say back.

You plop down on your new bed. It smelled like smoke... And fish for some reason. Maybe it was the bed of a person who liked to smoke fish. But, you could never know for sure. It was soft enough so it was comfortable, but not too soft. 9 cents? Really? Did Grunkle Stan rob the guy? You sighed and eventually fell asleep.