Sarada's Feelings (Short Version)

Welcome to chapters 77-80 from Sarada's perspective. THIS HAS SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

This story follows the manga storyline with a few added scenes from the anime and novels up until chapter 80. It gives background and reason into the possible emotions behind Sarada's mangekyo unlock.

All emotions were added by me. All scenes, actions, and dialogue were taken directly from the anime and manga.

This is the short version. If you would like to start from manga chapter 1 and experience the full scale of every important scene to Sarada's mangekyo, please click on the next chapter. I highly recommend it :)

.  .  . 

"Stop that! What are you doing?!" Sarada stalked out into the living room, her eyes laced with concern. Kawaki had Boruto's shirt in a death grip, anger and hatred reflected in his eyes. She didn't particularly like Kawaki, but the seventh did. And she was going to respect that. As long as he didn't get into another fight with Boruto.

"Kawaki?" Sumire seemed to be confused as well.

As captain, Sarada felt like it was her job to put them in their place. "We're in the middle of an important mission! This is no time for fighting!"

"Stay out of this Sarada. Otsutsuki don't care... Whether we're in the middle of something or not."

"Ha! That's fore sure!" The twerp remarked from the couch.

Sarada watched as Kawaki turned to a startled Boruto and yanked him closer. Otsutsuki don't care... Otsutsuki. All this talk about Otsutsuki. What about ninja? What about missions? What about the normal resemblance of life everyone else was trying to live?

No one told her anything. Ever. Boruto almost got killed. Or rather, he did get killed. And the facts just didn't add up. There were so many things people were hiding from her... She felt like she couldn't even do her job as captain anymore. But she couldn't ask. That wasn't her place. Her place was to do what was asked of her, and that was this mission.

"You by-standers shut up and listen," Kawaki growled. "That bastard Momoshiki is up to something. That's what my instincts are saying."

Momoshiki. Could Kawaki sense him? Inside of Boruto? Could they communicate? Even if he was... There was no need to get angry at Boruto about it. Boruto wasn't Momoshiki. Technically, he was part Momoshiki... But Boruto would always be Boruto. And it made her angry that everyone was starting to think otherwise.

After a short mental conversation that Sarada couldn't hear, Kawaki released Boruto. And then he walked away.

Boruto followed, but Sarada was becoming increasingly confused. She knew everyone was linked mentally and could get into contact with each other at specific times to avoid Eida's prying... But what was going on? Why did he just drop him like nothing was wrong?

Boruto chased after Kawaki, and Sarada followed Boruto. But when they went out onto the deck where he was supposed to be, he was nowhere in sight. Kawaki erased his chakra signature and shrunk himself down to a microscopic size.

And the next thing Sarada knew, instead of looking for him, she was told to go out shopping with Boruto, Eida, and Sumire.

(Chapter 77)

. . .

Sarada's shopping trip was going decently well, but that didn't make her any less worried. Every single person in the store was completely captivated by Eida no matter what she wore. Daemon was sitting on top of Boruto's head. And suddenly, they were interrupted with a summons from Shikamaru. The seventh's chakra signature had vanished.