Know Yourself (prologue)

Click! The shuttering of a camera startles you.

"I thought you'd be used to the cameras clicking a this point, Y/N." The boy beside you giggled.

"I am, I am. I was just deep it thought." You responded, playing with your hands.

"Is it about that guy in algebra again? I still don't think he had any right to say that about yo-"

"Bruno don't worry about it. We should probably quit chatting and continue working, this piece of photography is due tomorrow." You cut him off.

The boy tucked his jet black hair behind his ear.

"What can I say? He was being a total...a total...asshole..!" His honey-like voice fills your ears.

"Just get back to work, Bruno." You put your camera up to your eye to view what you're photographing. The black widow dangles from the web, creating a beautiful scene. This beautiful scene also happens to be perfect for your final photography project! You and Bruno had put off finishing this project for a month maybe..?...and you knew you had to do it at one point. Bruno's normally a very 'do it right here right now, no time to waste' kind of guy, and it definitely shocked you that he'd postpone his work for a month just so he could keep up with you, but you're grateful with however he shows his friendship. You two had been thick-as-thieves since middle school. You ate lunch by the bathroom alone, knowing if you sat anywhere else that stupid Abbacchio kid would torment you to greater hell. Bruno had found you one day and asked to sit with you and- I guess 7th grade Bruno and 7th grade Y/N knew they were destined to be best friends!..but no more than friends. You two both knew the only relationship you had towards each other was platonic!

"MY GOD!" You were pushed back by someone.

"Huh..? What was that for?!" You stared at Bruno.

"That black widow was about to climb on you! You need to start paying attention to your surroundings, Y/N. You could've been bitten and then paralyzed for life!" Bruno wiped the sweat off his brow and helped you out, shifting his gaze to see who was coming out of the school building.

"Narancia, Mista, and Fugo are over there. Come on, Y/N." Bruno pat your shoulder and made his way towards them. "You comin'?" He turned back.

"Yeah, sorry." You began to follow the raven-haired boy. After reaching a point where you and Bruno were met with the rest of the group, you stopped.

"-and then I said, 'we can't do that, we don't have baby oil!..but we do have, guacamole!' and she said 'I love guacamole on my taco.' and I said, 'does that mean what I think it- oh, hey Bruno!" (if you get the reference of what story he's telling, i <3 you) Mista said aloud.

"Good afternoon, Mista." Mista was a senior...a senior who failed a year. He was 18, almost 19, pretty tall, wore a blue and orange crop top with white pineapple like patterns, and to top it all off, some tiger print jeans. He also had very short, curly hair. (he doesn't wear a hat bc schools where I am don't allow hats lol)

"Mornin' Brunooo!" The shortest of the gang posed. Narancia had a black mullet that shined purple in the light and a black tank top. He rocked a orange headband with an orange and yellow skirt-like piece and of fashion- well thats what he calls it- attached to his belt. He wore black ripped jeans, as well.

"Good afternoon to as well, Bruno. Nice to see you too, Y/N." Fugo had always made sure to greet you. People said he had severe anger issues, but he seemed really sweet. Although he was a year younger than Narancia, he was still in the grade above him. He wore a red blazer riddled with holes, a black tie with strawberries, and a matching pair of red pants also covered in holes and tears. His white hair, white eyelashes, and pretty purple eyes always stood out to you. You were told Fugo had albinism, which you thought was cool. (MANGA FUGO MANGA FUGO)

"Nice to see you, Fugo." You gave him a kind smile.

All was good until you saw the doors to the school open again, this time a lavender-haired boy stepping out.

"Oh! HEY ABBACCHIO! COME HERE!" Narancia yelled. Your eyes widened as you realized who Narancia called over. Anyone but Abbacchio. Bruno looked at you with worry in his eyes, almost like he knew exactly what you were thinking.

The devil himself made his way over, glaring at you in the process.

"What's up, Narancia." Abbacchio questioned.

"Soooo, you've met Y/N? You two seem like you'd be friends-"

"We aren't 'friends'." You stared daggers at Abbacchio. "If you don't mind, I have a class to get to." You dusted off your uniform and made your way through the group of friends and Abbacchio.

"I- I should go with him- See you guys later, though!" Bruno smiled and chased after you. "Y/N! Y/N wait up!" He yelled.

A/N: Okkk first chapter done. I'm going crazy rn btw. I have state testing 😭 Next chapter out soon bc i'm writing this for my bff 👍