Breaking in

- chapter twelve -

Boom. Boom. It was the sound of Brielle's fists as they collided with the punching bag. She was training, her conversion with Victor still on the back of her mind. He could have lost his life there, although he didn't know it. How could Rafe have led him into the lion's den? It seemed that as soon as she started to trust the vampire, he would find a way to destroy that little bit of trust, as if he wanted it to happen. There were only two things that could calm the blonde down when she was in this state: training or a swim.

Hearing suspicious noises, she suddenly stopped her training. She took off the bandage around her hands and picked up her daggers, ready for an attack. Slowly, she made her way to the source of the noise, to her front door. There was no doubt that this was a burglary attempt. She took a deep breath before she turned the key and opened the door, wasting no time in throwing the dagger at him. The would-be burglar fell to the floor and groaned in pain as she hit him. It was only at this point that Brielle realised that her burglar was not a burglar at all, but Ace.

— Ace? What the hell are you doing? She asked, annoyed.

Holding his shoulder, the teenager stood up. Yeah, I'm all right. Thanks for your concern, he replied, entering the house without Brielle's permission, not that she was in the way.

— Out of the house, she declared with a cross of her arms. Or I'll call the police, she threatened, to a chuckle from the boy.

— We've already talked about this, darling, he said. Can you have a look at my wound now?

The teenager let out a sigh and went to fetch the medicine chest. She knew the dark haired boy well enough to know that he would have the guts to tell the police about it if it meant that Brielle would be upset. She came back into the dining room where Ace was waiting patiently for her. He was sitting in one of the chairs and she sat down. This might sting a bit, she explained without emotion before forcibly applying a disinfecting compress. There was another groan from the 17 year old, it wasn't just a little sting, it was as if someone had held a blowtorch to his wound. The blonde rolled her eyes at Ace's restlessness. Then she went to get some thread and needles. Both of them knew that they should go to the hospital, but they were smart enough to know that it might arouse suspicion, not forgetting that their parents would be yelling at them and accusing them of not being mature enough or whatever.

When she was finished, she clapped her hands and put the emergency box away. Then she came back with a couple of exercise books in her hand. Now that she'd calmed down, she needed to finish what she'd been working on. She put her things on the table. Then she turned to Ace, who hadn't moved. What are you doing here? She inquired with a raised eyebrow.

— The adults were having a meeting between them, I was practising with my arrows and maybe, I say maybe, I may have broken them. So I asked, with the great kindness that was in me, if I could have a loan of Blair's. She said yes, of course, and told me that I should just go in. It's just that I had no idea that the door would be locked.

— And to warn me, send me a text message was be impossible?

— Let's be honest. Would you have read it?

Brielle kept silent and made the decision to do her homework. So she sat down and began to study her notebook. Several minutes later, she looked up, sighing heavily. Do you plan on watching me all night ? She asked the young man who watched her write, his head on his arms, observing her deeply.

— Do you want me to ? She gave him a disdainful look. It's obvious I can't train for now and I don't know what else to do, he softly said with a smirk on his face.