Namaste, everyone!

The bright sunshine lit the magnificent palace. The chirps of mynas pleasantly woke me up. A gentle voice woke me up.
" yuvrani Gandhari, it's time for you to wake up." My eyes fluttering because of the sunlight. " Good morning kavila" I greeted the young maid. "Please get ready yuvrani, your family is waiting for your arrival." I'll arrive shortly" I replied.

So let me introduce you to my life. Am Gandhari, the second daughter of Maharaja Pallavan Alokya. Am the 4th of my 6 siblings. Matahvya, the oldest and the beloved son of my father and my half brother. Bramhini the most beautiful and charming of all and my half sister. Me. Krivan, my brother and the only one I can trust in this whole palace. Monika, my half sister and my biggest enemy. Last but not the least Vidhantha, the youngest.

I was neither elegant like Bramhini, nor intelligent like Monika. Which made me an invisible child among my fellow siblings. My mom Dakshayini was the second wife of my father. My step mother Rudrakshi was his first wife. My Mother is diagnosed with paralysis after the birth of Krivan. Which made everybody blame him for the crime he never did. My father is my everything. Despite having another wife, he still cared for me and my mom. He protects me from the harsh words of my step mother Rudrakshi.

I brushed of my thoughts and started bathing. Then I wore my indigo saree with my favourite jhumkas and matching sapphire necklace. My hair was filled with Jasmine tied around my braid. My servant put my look together with a bindi and I was walking though the hallways.

I greeted my family with a big smile.
"Good morning everyone"
"Good morning Sona." Replied my pa.
We started eating and the sound of a annoying voice cut my peaceful breakfast. " Tell them Mahraja" said Rudrakshi. " I have to tell you something." Said my father. " The king of Malunya Kingdom asked Bramhini's hand in marriage." Wait what? I was shocked because as far as I've heard the Malunya dynasty is one of the most powerful ones in the south. From the corner of my eye I saw Bramhini shyly smiling. I controlled my urge to roll my eyes and diverted my attention to my pa.
"And one more thing, as am getting old, am not able to give my whole to the development of the kingdom. So from today, I will select my most worthy son to be my successor and the king of this vast empire." Thats it. Matahvya stood up angrily and said " isn't it my right to succeed you father?" The prince questioned. "The breakfast is done." Said my father dodging the question and left. He was following by Matahvya who looked like an angered bull. I glanced at Krivan and saw his eyes sparkle at the kings words. I sat near him and said
" Seems like someone is in a good mood today." "Who wouldn't after the sweet words our father said". I smiled at the happy boy. He was always hated by my father. Our father thought he was the one responsible for the paralysis of our mother. Since his childhood, I was the one that took care of him. While father was busy in his duties as the King, Rudrakshi was busy guarding her beauty and others were busy in their own works, I was the one who witnessed him grow up and become the man am seeing now. " Oh! Come on... you can't believe that you are going to become the king competing with the others don't you?" Said the annoying bird, Monika.
"If you don't have anything kind to say leave Monika" I warned. "Am just giving him a reality check. SISTER." The word sister was overflowing with sarcasm. I swallowed the urge to punch her and watched her leave. "Don't mind that crow brother." I said. "She was right though" Said the younger. You are going to prove yourself my brother. I know what you are capable of. Said me. You're the best. Said krivan. I smiled and watched him leave.

I was sitting in my room replaying the incidents happend in the dining hall. "I will choose my most worthy son to be my successor." But one word kept repeating on my mind. SON. Even though I have no interest on the crown, it hurt me when I thing that only my brothers are the ones who have the rights of the thrones. Where as me and my sister's are made to be a form of alliance materials who are just married off for the growth of the kingdom. I've always wanted to see krivan on the throne but I don't know what's happening to me today. A thought popped up in my mind. What if.... I am the successor? What if I am

The Maharani?

Hello readers!!
This is praru, the author of this story and I hope you enjoy this story. I just wanted to say that, this is work of friction the characters mentioned are just my imagination. This is my first work so hope you guys enjoyed it. Have a great day/ night.

Your author
Praru