You are everything to me

Start from the beginning

"You really didn't know." Ashoka mused.

I shook my head gently. "No, I didn't." What else did I not know about the things he does?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The large main doors slowly slid open. The villagers were cheering excitedly behind us as we prepared to leave. They had been celebrating now that they were free of the magistrate, it felt like a completely different place. The people were happier, life had been brought back into their home.

Din was on my left side, his pauldron occasionally brushed against my shoulder. I felt like I was hyper aware of his presence. I was trying my best to not seem suspicious around him but it was surprisingly difficult. I couldn't stop thinking about the keldabe kiss. It felt so intimate in the moment and now I know why.

"I believe this was your payment." Ahsoka said as she held out the beskar spear.

"No. I can't accept. I didn't finish the job." Din stated

Ahsoka gave him a look and held the spear further out to him. "No. But this belongs to a Mandalorian."

Din looked at the spear hesitantly before he reached out and took it. He wrapped his gloved hand firmly around the beskar spear.

"Where is your little friend?" Ahsoka asked

"Back at the ship. Wait here, I'll go get him." Din stated.

"I'll come with you." I spoke up. He nodded to me and the both of us began the walk back to the razor crest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A twig snapped gently under my boot as I walked through the dead forest. Every now and then I would glance to my right at Din. A million thoughts were racing through my mind as I thought about what Ahsoka had told me. A keldabe kiss. Every now and then, I felt a rush of confidence willing me to ask him about it. But as fast as it appeared, it dissipated and left me in fear. Fear of what he might say in response. That it won't be what I want him to say.

I glanced over at him again briefly, taking in a deep breath like I was about to say something, before I exhaled and looked forwards again. I don't think I'll ever be able to ask him.

Din sighed gently beside me and I almost jumped. My senses were feeling strangely heightened around him.

"What is it, Cyar'ika." He asked me. My heart jolted in my chest at the sound of his voice. And that name, another mandalorian thing that I didn't understand. What did it even mean?

"Nothing. I'm fine." I said unconvincingly.

Din gently but playfully pushed his shoulder against mine, trying to make me relax. "Come on, I know you. What's wrong?"

I took in a deep breath. My throat felt like it was being constricted as I tried to think of what to say. How do I word this? Tell him I know about the mandalorian tradition he's been doing. That I don't want him to stop.

"It's...Ahsoka..." I sighed as I trailed off. My mouth didn't seem to be cooperating with my brain anymore.

"What about her?" Din asked gently. He stopped walking and turned to me, giving me his full attention. He probably thought it was something Jedi related.

I took in another deep breath in a final attempt to chase away my fear and doubt. "She told me about a mandalorian tradition."

Din's helmet tilted to the side in confusion. I had to fight off the thoughts about how cute it made him look. "What tradition?" He enquired, curiosity thick in his voice.

"A Keldabe kiss." I finally allowed the words to leave my mouth. I held my breath as I watched for any reaction. His entire being seemed to freeze up at my words. His muscles tensed and his shoulders broadened more than usual.