"You like that?" I chuckle. She nods and now she's digging through the sand.

I kneel beside her and we gather a large collection of shells. Each one she finds she's even more excited.

I feel a peace I haven't felt in a long time. I hope she's feeling it too.

********

Josephine's POV

It's been one month since Billy saved me. I wish I could say it has been perfect. Easy. Amazing. And most of it has.

It's also very strange.

I don't know how to be free. At first Billy wanted to show me everything. And I was so excited but I quickly became overwhelmed.

People. People were everywhere. I felt like I couldn't breathe. There was so much laughter. So many voices.

I missed my tree.

I started crying in the middle of a restaurant Billy had taken me to. I was embarrassed and I hope I didn't embarrass him.

He was kind. He simply took my hand and brought me back to the apartment.

We have an apartment now. Just ours.

Billy has let me buy some clothes. Any color I want. I still wanted my dresses but I got to get green, and yellow, and blue.

I saw some more revealing things while we were there and I wanted to cry again.

Does he want me to wear that?

I am worried because we have only kissed. I know he needs more. And I want more. I feel it when he's close. When his lips brush my ear. When his hands graze my hip.

But I am scared.

********

I am laying on my side as I kiss him. I feel his tongue and my lips part, allowing him to slip inside. It feels indescribable. His tongue swirling with mine.

I feel his strong hand resting lightly on my hip. I deepen the kiss and I tangle my hands in his hair. I'm tingling everywhere.

It starts in my stomach and moves lower. His fingers trail lightly down the side of my thigh and back up.

I pull him even closer and hear a rumble come from his throat as I grip his shirt tightly. I want him.

This is where we always stop. If it starts to get too heated. Billy will pull away and kiss my forehead lightly and usually make his way to the shower.

I don't want it to stop though.

His fingers dig into my hip just a bit and something comes over me and I bite his lip and tug. He moans and it's the prettiest sound I've ever heard.

I want to hear more.

I pull away breathlessly and look at him. "Jo..." he says huskily. "I'm ready." I whisper. His eyes are a mix of lust and worry.

"Baby, we don't have to." he said but his hand hasn't moved from my hip. I can see his arousal through his boxers.

"I want to." I say. And I mean it when I say it.

I kiss him again, rougher and I feel his arm wrap around my waist, pulling me into him tightly.

His hand weaves through my hair and he holds my face close. I am excited. I want this. I feel his hand slip under my long dress.

He's still only touching my thigh but feeling his skin on my skin is intoxicating. His kiss is different. It's stronger. It feels good. Really, really good.