Chapter 68: Back Home (Archer)

Start from the beginning

It was thrown to the side, and Liam entered. "You sent the entire werewolf population into a panic. You sent me into a panic. I don't panic. Jesse and Raven panic. I'm the level-headed one."

I laughed. "It's good to see you, too."

Cyrus stepped into the room. "Hey, that's a face I've missed."

The pair came over and hugged us. We moved to the bed and sat around the pit.

"You're both doing alright, then?" asked Liam.

I nodded. "I'm healthy, and Saigon has regained his sanity." I patted his leg.

"It was a close one." My mate stretched out and put his arm around me. "I might need to keep Archer locked up for my own well-being."

I scoffed.

Cyrus chuckled. "Good luck with that. I hear we're going to be roommates. I'll make sure whatever house we rent has a nice outdoor porch for the sensitive ones."

Liam eyed his mate. "It's a medical condition."

"Sorry." Cyrus hugged the sub. "Is your wedding still happening?"

I groaned and sank lower.

"Yes." Saigon shrugged. "My grandma made sure to remind us."

"This summer?" asked Liam.

I nodded. "I'm dreading it."

"I'm excited if that means anything," said Cyrus. "I've always wanted to go to one."

***

I was full and exhausted. I eased into the hot pool, letting out a hiss. I was done being the center of attention. I didn't even know the Bloodhound werewolves very well, but they all had made a point to introduce themselves. Being Saigon's mate had put me more in the spotlight than I'd liked.

It was so good to be home, though. Shifting forms, I washed my face. Saigon was off talking to Daven and Jagger by the waterfall. I think he was still getting over the mental part of losing a mate. My dad had mentioned Saigon might have trouble letting go.

"This is fucking hot." A white and red werewolf eased into the water before shifting. "Going all-natural. I'm feeling closer to my roots every second."

"I think it feels wonderful," said Raven. He shifted form and dunked his head into the water.

Liam jumped in and swam out to the deeper section. "We need one of these at Midfield."

"See." Raven waved his hand. "Perk to being traditional."

"Yeah, and you also have to piss and shit outside," said Jesse. "No, thanks."

Cyrus stepped into the water. "Hot, hot." He eased into the water beside me. "Some kind of meeting taking place?" He motioned to the three werewolves by the waterfall.

I shook my head. "Saigon is still worried," I replied. "I get it. I marked someone before."

"If he starts being unreasonable about things, just put your foot down."

"Hmm...?" I glanced at him.

"When I start acting like an overprotective ass, as Liam puts it, he sits me down and lets me have it. I don't know if Saigon told you about my episodes, but I get a little aggressive sometimes. It's hereditary. Liam is pretty easygoing, but he knows what to say to get me to knock it off."

I nodded, watching Saigon. "So, I need to put a beta in his place. Sounds easy enough."

Cyrus laughed to himself. "Or cry. My dad had a whole room filled with crystals and diamonds because he looked a little sad. I think you're more of the blunt type, though, like Liam."

"A bit." I rested my chin on my hand. "But I'll push out a few tears if it keeps him from banning me from leaving the cave."

"Could he actually do that?" Cyrus sank lower and closed his eyes. "Traditional packs seem to have a few different rules."

"Saigon is going to be the beta, like you. He can do whatever he wants," I replied.

"Raven," he replied. "Quickest way to get to the alpha. Liam does it to me all the time. He complains to Jesse and that little spitfire goes right to Daven."

"Perhaps." I rubbed my face.

"Whatever you do, go easy on the poor guy. Saigon was an emotional wreck when they took you."

I sighed. "Well, he's my emotional wreck, so I'll be careful."

"Good to hear," said Cyrus with a smirk.

Pushing off the side, I glided out into the water. The subs were having some heated discussions about civil versus traditional. I had a feeling Jesse was riling up Raven on purpose. Liam seemed to be on my packmate's side.

Swimming up behind my mate, I touched his arm. "Hey."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

Daven chuckled. "Seeing you two together as mates and not just friends is going to take some getting used to. Little Saige is all grown up."

Saigon pointed. "I think your mate is drowning."

Rolling his eyes, Daven groaned. "Jesse."

He marched over to where Liam and Jesse were wrestling in the water. Raven had retreated to a safer area.

"The more I'm around Jesse, the more I see how perfect he is for Daven." Jagger patted Saigon's shoulder as he went to retrieve his mate. "Keep your chin up, Saigon. You got this."