Tiny Dragons

Depuis le début

"I'll call it Gemenni. In honour of you two"

"Gemenni?" The twins asked.

"Twins." Hermione explained.

"You speak Romanian now?" George chuckled with a raised eyebrow.

"You pick up a few things when you're surrounded by Romanians." Hermione shrugged. She turned back to the glass box and picked up a Welsh Green. The green dragon looked at her before he flew in the air and landed on her shoulder. The dragon sniffed her hair and curled up beneath it in the nook of her neck.

"He likes you." Fred cooed over the dragon. "Give him a name."

"Or her. Hmm what about Orion? " The dragon purred approvingly.

"I think he agrees." George chuckled.

The rest of the day the four of them lounged in the living room. Hermione and Fred laying on the sofa, holding each other close while Charlie and George played some exploding snap. Orion and Gemenni both flying in circles around each other. Charlie and George made dinner and they talked about everything and nothing as they ate at the dinner table. Hermione reluctantly packed her bag and made her way back to the living room. Charlie was already saying goodbye to the twins when she arrived.

She dropped her bag next to the fireplace and walked over to George. "I'll see you at the wedding. And let me know the moment you pop the question to Ange, alright!" She warned him with a smile.

"I promise. Here, don't forget Orion." He placed the dragon on her shoulder. Before giving her a tight hug. "Be safe and don't be a stranger."

She smiled as he let her go and she walked up to Fred with a sad smile. Charlie and George turned their backs as they talked to give them some privacy.

"Hey, love. Don't look at me like that." Fred pulled her in his arms. "We'll see each other soon. Neville's wedding is less than a month away."

"I know. I'll miss you." She pulled back and looked in his deep blue eyes.

"I'll miss you too!" He pulled her up with his arms around her waist and gave her a passionate goodbye kiss. "I love you." He whispered as they pulled apart.

"I love you."

Hermione backed away from him, holding his hand as long as possible as she walked in the fireplace next to Charlie.

"We need to stop at the burrow first, remember?"

"Right." She smiled at the twins. "See you handsome men soon."

And they disappeared in a flash. Leaving Fred behind, who's shoulders immediately dropped and sank in the sofa. George coming to sit next to him bringing a reassuring arm around his shoulder.

It was Friday night, Hermione and Charlie were sitting nervously in the living room waiting from a word from Kingsley. They were both trying to read their books, but they kept glancing out the window hoping for an owl. What they didn't expect was Kingsley head that popped up in their fireplace.

"Charlie, Hermione are you there?"

Hermione and Charlie jumped up, their books falling to the ground as they looked with wide eyes at the fireplace before they crawled in front of it.

"Kingsley!"

"I have news. And I thought this would be faster to get the news to you personally. So the minister of France was very open to the idea of reforming the law against traffickers. He made a motion to the court that morning with the information you two provided and they sat together this afternoon, it took a while, but they told me the answer five minutes ago." He smiled through the flames. "They granted the motion! If someone wants to transport a magical creature, they will need the proper documents. If they don't have any, they will be fined and put in jail. The jail time depends on the creature, the prior violation and the condition of the animal. And if they have the right documents but the animals aren't proper taken care off, they risk the same punishment. There also will be more control guards on the boarder. And every place that houses magical creatures will get an inspection two times a year."

"That incredible!"

"And the minister of Romania?" Charlie asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"He's a tougher nut to crack. I saw him when the French court was gathering. And I explained everything. He heard rumours about it but he's old school. He doesn't like dragons; doesn't think they need protection."

Hermione and Charlie groaned. "What now?"

"Well, not all is lost. I convinced him to visit the reserve with me tomorrow."

"WHAT?!"

"So he can see first-hand what those creatures had to endure. And you two started this, you'll be the best to explain everything."

Hermione and Charlie looked at each other as a silence fell in the room. "Alright." Charlie looked back the Kingsley. "We'll start planning. What time are you arriving?"

"Shortly after noon."

"We'll be ready."

"Excellent. I see you tomorrow, goodnight."

And then Kingsley was gone. Hermione and Charlie fell back on the floor leaning against the coffee table.

"We better get started." Charlie stood up and pulled Hermione with him. They sat down at the table with notebook and a pen, and they started to plan. They planned until late at night, only going to bed when their eyelids started to fall down.

Hermione woke up from a buzzing that came from her nightstand. She reached over and flipped her phone open.

- Morning love. Everything alright? I didn't hear you last night. - Yours, Freddie

She groaned as she read the text again. She totally forgot to call him; she was so busy with Charlie that night she didn't have the time to let him know. She pushed herself up on the bed and called Fred.

"Morning, handsome."

"Morning, love."

"I'm sorry, I didn't call last night."

"It's okay. I was just worried."

"I know. Kingsley floo called last night to tell us what happened with the Minister of France."

"And?" She heard him asked nervously.

"It went great. They changed the law that afternoon."

"That's brilliant, love."

"It is. It's just the Minister of Romania is another story. He's coming by the reserve today with Kingsley. That's why I forgot to call. Charlie and I have been planning all night. The minister isn't a fan of dragons. So we need to change his mind and show him what is going on right under his nose."

"Oh. Well, if anyone can change his mind it will be you and Charlie. I'm sure of it. I believe in you."

"Thanks, Freddie. I better get dressed and going. Need to inform the others of what's happening today."

"Okay love. Good luck! Let me know how it went."

"I will call you after, I promise."

"Bye, love."

"Bye."

And she clapped her phone shut and climbed out of bed. She dressed quickly and made her way to the kitchen were a tired Charlie sat at the kitchen table with a cup of tea in front of him.

"Morning."

"Morning. Nervous?" He pushed a second cup in her hands.

"Yes, I don't think I'll be able to eat anything."

"Me neither. I'm glad I can keep this down." He pointed at his cup of tea.