Visitation Rights

Start from the beginning

George rolled his eyes at his brother. "Fred! Calm down, will you."

"I am calm."

"Right, that's why there is a dent in the floor where your foot is tapping for the last hour."

Fred looked down at his foot and stopped tapping. Fred's heart was beating uncontrollably fast as the hands of the clock were getting closer to the 9. "What if she changed her mind?"

"She won't." He said surely. "Just tell her how you feel. How you really feel."

Fred looked away from the clock and founds his twins face. "What do you -"

"You know damn well what I mean."

"I can't just tell her. She would be running for the hills."

"I think she might surprise you. Believe me Fred, tell her."

"I'll think about it."

"Come get up, a couple of minutes early won't matter."

"Right." Fred walked unsteadily towards the fireplace, his legs shaking. George picked up the bag as Fred walked in the fireplace not even thinking about grabbing some floo powder. George draped the bag over his shoulder and grabbed a handful of floo powder.

"Have fun!" He winked before he called out. "Charlie's cabin!"

Hermione jumped up from the couch as Fred stumbled in, looking nervous. Hermione's nerves completely vanished as the handsome red head appeared in front of her. She ran across the room and flew in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stood on her tip toes and planted a long overdue kiss on his lips. Fred was completely blown away at her actions, it took him a second to recover before wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her up, kissing her back. Hermione soon let her tongue slip over his lips and Fred willingly opened his mouth as she deepened the kiss. Neither of them knew how long they were kissing until they were suddenly interrupted by someone clearing their throat. They pulled apart smiling and turned to Charlie, both blushing fiercely.

"Welcome brother. Would you like a tour?" Charlie asked grinning wide.

"Sure." Fred grabbed the bag from the ground that fell from his shoulder the moment Hermione tackled him. He intertwined his fingers with hers and followed Charlie out into the hallway. Charlie gave him a quick tour before ending it at Hermione's bedroom.

"You can stay with Hermione if you want." Fred looked shocked at his brother before looking down at Hermione. She smiled as she gave a quick nod. "I'll leave you two to it then." And Charlie closed the door behind him leaving them alone.

Fred dropped his bag on her bed and turned to her. In one large step he was in front of her. One hand on her hip and the other in her hair.

"I missed you." He said before swooping down and claiming her lips once more. Hermione grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer. Fred stepped closer and she ended up against the door. Hermione moaned as he deepened the kiss which made Fred grab her bum and lifted her up. She locked her legs around his waist. Fred pulled her top over her head and started to kiss her collarbone. He made his way down to her breast before they were interrupted by Apollo, who flew in with a mouse in his beak. Fred slowly lowered Hermione back to the ground, resting his head on hers as they both trying to regain their breath.

"I missed you too." Hermione breathed the words. Fred's smile lit up her world. "Come on, why don't you unpack, and we give you a tour." Hermione gave him a lingering kiss, grabbing her top and a sweater and pulled it over her head before she opened the door and looked back at him, she winked and walked down the hall.

Charlie was reading in the living room when Hermione entered.

"I thought I would give you some privacy when he arrived." He smiled as Hermione sat down next to him.

"Thanks, Charlie."

"Would you like to give the tour yourself?" Charlie grinned at her.

"I would love too but it's been a while since he saw you too. And I don't want to keep you two apart. He'll be here all week; I'll find some alone time with him later." She winked at the red head.

"Fine, go get him then, so we can get going."

Hermione stood up and walked back to her bedroom. Fred's bag was empty, he was sitting on her bed, looking at the picture on her nightstand. "Ready to go?"

"Hmm?" Fred looked up distracted. "Where did this come from?" He held out the picture.

"George sent it over with the rest of the photographs. It was taken this summer." Hermione explained while she sat down next to him.

"I've never seen it. I really love it."

"Me too, we'll make a copy before you leave. Come on Charlie's waiting." She pulled him up but before she could walk out the door Fred pulled her back in his arms and kissed her softly.

"I never want to stop doing that."

"Me neither." Hermione answered against his lips.

That day Charlie and Hermione showed him around the reserve. They were standing in front of the community cabin, when lunch came around Charlie disappeared with his fellow workers to the kitchens. Fred looked confused at his brother's retreating back.

"Aren't we going with them?"

"No." She smiled shyly up at him. "I wanted to take you to one of my favourite spots around here." Hermione turned and pulled a basket from under the picnic table. "I thought we could have a picnic date."

"I'd love to." Fred took the basket from her hands and intertwined his fingers with his other hand in hers. He smiled wide. "Lead the way."

Hermione pulled him after her grinning as she walked past the cabin. After a ten-minute walk Hermione stopped in front of a beautiful lake. The lake was clear blue and surrounded by trees, that were changing colours. Behind the trees you saw mountains peeking out. Fred eyes turned big as he took in the sight.

"Wow love, I see why you love it here."

She hummed in agreement as her gaze travelled over the view. "Come let's sit down." She waved her wand and the blanket spread out on the soft grass while the basket unpacked itself. Hermione sat down next to Fred and leaned against him as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"You know this is my job, right?" Hermione pulled back and looked up frowning. "I'm supposed to be the one who plans romantic dates." He smirked.

"Well, I don't know if you had it in you." She smiled back at him.

"Just you wait and see. You don't know what you got yourself into." He laughed before gently cupping her face and capturing her lips. Hermione leaned further into him, pushing him down on the blanket without breaking their kiss. Fred's hand roamed her body as hers went up in his hair slightly tugging it.

Fred pulled back catching his breath so he could look into her eyes. He traced his thumb on her cheek, cupping her face. "Hermione I -I" He swallowed thickly. "I can't believe it took us years to find each other."

"I know what you mean." Hermione bend down and gave him a small kiss before laying down next to him, facing each other. "But I think it was for the best. We both needed time to heal, time to find ourselves. I think if we did anything sooner that-"

"It wouldn't have worked out." Fred finished. "I think so too. We have become amazing friends and we can tell each other anything. Besides George, there is no one I trust as much as I trust you."

She smiled at him and got lost in his deep blue eyes. Her hands found his collar and pulled him closer to her before kissing him deeply. Their lunch completely forgotten.