Mission: Unknown

0: Kill Kuro-sensai

___

Haru wasn't a morning person, but that didn't mean that his father wasn't.

"Wake up my reason for living." Osamu Dazai yelled as he entered the room of his only son.

The room was a mess. Books and clothes covered every inch of the wooden floor while, posters of movies and anime covered its faded grey walls. A couch stacked with historic books sat in a corner draped with a pair of pants and an baby blue shirt that had never even been worn by the owner. The said owner of the t-shirt and messy room lay on his bed which was on the other side of the room. On one side of the single bed - filled with pillows and a dead looking body wrapped in bandages - was a bedside table with a lamp and phone with a cable attached to it. Laying on the floor was a slightly broken alarm which had obviously been thrown for doing its job. While on the opposite side of the bed was a desk, on the desk sat a laptop along with a stack of files, a notebook and a minimum of stationary such as a pencil, pen, eraser, etc.

"Haru!" Osamu sang as he ripped the blanket off the sleeping boy.

Haru groaned and curled into himself seeking warmth from his own body. He really didn't have the energy for his father this morning. He had sat up late last night, or rather this morning studying for some ridiculous test he would be writing. And since the only way he could be apart of the armed detective agency at such a young age was to keep his grades up, Haru had to unfortunately study.

"I just got a call from Kunikida there's a meeting."

Haru looked up at his father through squinted eyes. "Do I look like I care?" Osamu shook his head a playful smile on his face but anticipation and pride lingered in his eyes.

"You certainly don't look like you care." Osamu laughed producing another groan from Haru as he stuffed his face into his pillow. "But you'll want to when I tell you..."

Osamu watched as Haru twisted so his head was facing Osamu but his body was still laid the same position.

"You've been given a mission." Haru's reaction was just as Osamu had pictured it. First his eye - just one since the other was still covered with a bandage from his last fight - had grown large, and then he had sprung up from his bed and somehow landed unharmed onto his messy floor. "Tell me your joking or I will kill you."

"Get ready to dig my grave."

That was all Haru needed before he was squealing like a girl getting her first puppy. Well it was a darn close resemblance because after having been on suspension for 3 months Haru felt like it was his first mission all over again.

°°°

After getting ready the father-son duo had left their house and taken a walk to the agency since they lived fairly close. They'd left any thought of committing suicide behind considering Haru had so much to live for at the moment. But that didn't mean he didn't nearly jump in front of a speeding car and kill himself because of how happy he was. Luckily Kunikida had been their to stop the two and apologise to the traumatized mother who was driving the car with her 4 year old kid strapped into the passenger seat.

"Can you two seriously not go anywhere without trying to kill yourselves."

It wasn't a question but Haru answered it anyway. "Nope." He said popping the 'P' just to annoy him. Haru giggled as he skipped past Kunikida into the building.

Finally the three made it into the building and made their way to Fukuzawa's office where the meeting was being held. Everyone was already seated and it seemed they had just been waiting for the three.

Haru took his place next to Atsushi with Kunikida to his right. Of cause he'd like to sit next to his father, but the group agreed that Kunikida was needed in between them or a normal meeting could never be held. The two were way to childish and what made it worse was that there were two. Which was harder to control.

"Now that all our members are here I would like to start the meeting." Everyone nodded their head in agreement as Fukuzawa spoke. "But before that I would like to apologize for such short notice."

"Moments ago I had just received a call from head office asking for our help with a certain problem and as the armed detective agency tasked with helping people I could not refuse especially when I had no reason to. Now I'm sure you've all noticed the huge hole in our moon." Everyone nodded but stayed silent as Fukuzawa continued. "The public had been told it was due to a comet hitting the moon. (this is untrue I know but I'm changing somethings) That however isn't the truth. A creature dubbed as Kuro-sensai has landed on our planet. A few months prior he had destroyed the moon now he plans to destroy the earth sometime in March next year. He is at the current moment teaching at a school called Kunugigaoka Junior High School. His class is called 3E, two of our members Haru Dazai and Kyōka Izumi will be admitted into this class. Your goal is to assassinate him. This however is a common goal in the classroom as students will receive an award if they succeed. This operation is set around the the condition that Koro-sensai may not harm his students. Any questions?"

"Wouldn't it be easier to just have him assassinated by a professional?" Atsushi asked flinching as Haru's eye bore into him. "N-not that Dazai and Izumi-chan won't beable to do the job."

Fukuzawa hummed in consideration as he leaned into his seat. "That is true, but from what I've heard many haven't been able to. He however seems to have a soft spot for his students. Teaching them while simultaneously helping them become assassins. It is our job to kill him using this one flaw."

"Where exactly is Kunugigaoka Junior High?" Haru asked.

"In Tokyo, you and Izumi-San will be leaving in the next two days."

°°°

With that said the meeting was officially finished. And so the following Friday Kyōka and Haru found themselves on a train taking the afternoon ride to Tokyo. Just two days before their first day of school. Fukuzawa had thought it'd be enough time for the two to get situated and form a plan of action.