Better Left Unsaid

Start from the beginning

Training Ground

"Greetings, Sir Kirstein", the imperial knights bowed very low. Rumors had spread amongst them that the Captain of the Order had icy-cold eyes that would pierce their souls and freeze them. Raziela didn't say a word. She's gotten used to not using her voice as her cover might be blown if she accidentally makes use of her normal voice. She just gave a nod making the soldiers feel their greetings were not enough.

"What brought you here, Sir Kirstein? Our new Captain is not here at the moment. Should we fetch him for you? There is a shed near the palace lake. We can accompany you there while you wait", one of the knights offered. He was shaking amid greatness. Although they all have similar thoughts.

His frame doesn't seem to be of a knight.

His arms don't have sufficient muscle to swing a sword.

He's also an average when it comes to height.

"The Crown Prince told me to train you", she opened her mouth. They were all astonished as they were not expecting such a gentle voice from the known psychopathic Grim Reaper. "Since it was the Crown Prince who ordered you to do so, then I have no protest against it", the voice made Raziel turn and her eyes widened.

"I didn't know that you were the new Captain of the Imperial Knights", Raziel stared at his pin. "And it was also a shock that the Captain of the Order who was relieved of the position would oath to protect the Crown Prince until the day he dies. Knowing you, you'd rather be living a carefree life", Ciaran didn't bat his eyes away from the knight. He is the son of the former Captain from the House of Traun, known for their loyalty to the throne and the position.

Spare me from this. Why does he have to stare at me intently as if searching for the enemy's weak point?

"You haven't grown. The last time I saw you was five years ago. How is your-", Ciaran was cut off when Raziel raised her sword. The black-haired captain furrowed his brow and drew his sword as well. The imperial knights panicked and would fight to death to protect their own Captain.

I'd rather get a few scratches from this man than have my cover blown

"Are you getting cocky because it was the Crown Prince who picked you as his knight?", Ciaran removed the sword from its sheathe. "Training your knights also means they have to know how to wield their swords properly and I can't do that alone. Join me in a demonstration", Raziela explained. They clashed swords and the knights were intently watching a duel against the two high-ranking knights. Ciaran is known for his brute strength while Sir Kirstein is said to be agile and cruel. He'll do anything to impale the enemy.

Raziela was able to kick Ciaran's sword away but the man grabbed her neck. "When it comes to fighting barehanded, I still get the upper hand", the man whispered and loosened his grip on her neck. Raziela was about to elbow the man when a lady flicked on Cirian's forehead.

"Brother, didn't you promise me that you'll request for the Crown Prince to be my partner in Her Highness' coming of age?!", Floryn, the youngest daughter from the house of Traun scolded Ciaran

"Brother, didn't you promise me that you'll request for the Crown Prince to be my partner in Her Highness' coming of age?!", Floryn, the youngest daughter from the house of Traun scolded Ciaran. "Not today, Lady Floryn. Your brother, Captain needs to train us", one of the knights tried to calm her. "What are you to be trained for? It's not like a monster will suddenly appear in the middle of the Capital. This is a life and death request, brother", the blonde lady said with a high-pitched voice. "I will talk to him when we see each other. His Highness also has matters to attend to", the man picked up his sword. Floryn finally acknowledged the presence of another person. She stared at the pin and flinched. She hid behind Ciaran's back. "Are you picking a fight with the former Captain of the Order? I heard that he was knighted for the Crown Prince?", the lady whispered to his brother. "Although, I didn't know that he would look so-", she shook her head and felt like betraying her love for the Crown Prince. Floryn waved goodbye and excused herself since she was joining the princess for a tea party this afternoon.

"Sisters are a pain in the head, right Captain?", the knights surrounded Ciaran. He was more intimidating to look at but there were no rumors about him enjoying the stench of blood and detaching people's heads from their bodies.

You'd never be a pain in my head, sister. It's the other way around.

Raziela gave a small smile that Ciaran saw and left the training ground. The Captain followed him with his stares. "What is it that feels different in him? And his attack doesn't feel the same. He might be tired from the last battle", he furrowed his brow. 

Chapter end.