°*• Chapter 37 •*°

Start from the beginning

"Alright, tell him to come back before 9:30. I'll just talk it out with his dad but he should really come back before 9:30 ok?" Soobin's mom insist and Beomgyu's brother felt relieved as he nods.

He then returns to Beomgyu's room to inform him.

On the other hand...

"Taehyun went to your brother's room?" Taehyun's mom asked Hiyyih who nods.

"They said they were going to chat, I came by earlier to ask Taehyun oppa if he's allowed to come over. He said its ok." Hiyyih lied, the shock on Taehyun's mom faded into a sigh.

"He keeps worrying me." Taehyun's mom muttered.

"Oh don't worry, they said it won't be that long. He said you should rest easy and that he can't sleep yet." Hiyyih explains.

"Alright, please tell him not to tire himself and come back right away before his dad and sister gets back." Taehyun's mom says and Hiyyih let out a breathe as Taehyun's mom left.

She hurriedly went over to Lea who was keeping an eye, ready to save Hiyyih in case the plan doesn't work. Together they went back to tell Kai that it went well enough.

The plan to distract Soobin and Taehyun's parents went accordingly but only for a short amount of time as they needed to hurry back before their parents suspects.

At school...

Soobin and Taehyun ran through the corridors towards the stockroom... they halted the moment they got there.

A shiver run through their spine as they stared at the charred area of the school. The fire had been extinguished fast and the area was surrounded with police tape to keep anyone out of the space. The walls are still held together but blackened, the windows busted. The whole floor was littered with charred wood and whatever materials have been in the room. Broken glass scattered everywhere and the ceiling's wood coating was kinda peeled off, burnt and are haphazardly laying on the floor among the glass bits.

"Its really trashed." Taehyun comments before a ding came from the phone in his coat pocket.

"Hyung, we have until 9:30 or earlier than that. Kai texted, they managed to fool our parents." Taehyun explains after reading the text and placing the phone back in his pocket.

"Then we better get moving. Be careful with the glass though and just about everything. Its still a bit warm." Soobin warns and Taehyun nods as they carefully moved through the mess.

Slowly moving charred wood and burnt files and books around to see if the book could be there.

"Maybe its not here hyung." Taehyun says as he stared at the mess of the room just as something cracked.

"Taehyun watch out!" Soobin called when a lose wooden panel on the ceiling fell over just above Taehyun that he hurridely pulled the younger to safety as the half-burnt wood fell with a thud among the mess on the floor.

"T-thanks hyung." Taehyun breathed out, a bit startled.

"Let's get out of here and-"

"Hyung?" Taehyun looked at Soobin as he felt the coat's pocket he's wearing warmed up that he took out the dice he placed in there.

"I-its glowing." Taehyun says as they stared at the dice in Soobin's palm.

Then a moment later, they both felt a warm wind pass through them and a faint image of the silvery figure went past the charred door.

The two exchange glances before scrambling to follow it. As they got out, following the warm air and the faint after-image of the figure, they then heard the subtle sound of footsteps nearby.