Joined Worlds (Link POV)

It was bright. I opened my eyes to see the face of a small imp. Her name was Midna.

"Wake up, Sleepyhead!" Midna yelled, frowning.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I said.

"Good, we gotta get going, I sense something," Midna said, a look of concern on her impish face.

"Well Zant is dead and Ganondorf is locked in the castle, so what could it be?" I ask.

"Something far older than Ganondorf and Zant, older than all of this curse that causes you to reincarnate over and over again," Midna stated, as a sense of dread crawled up my spine.

Something did feel... Off. It felt as if something was lurking, watching, ready to strike and rid this land of everything.

I heard one last yelp of surprise from Midna as we fell through something that had just opened up from underneath us.

***

I opened my eyes again for the second time today. Was it even day? How long I had been asleep, I don't know. I look over and see Midna lying on the ground.

We were in a meadow. I heard the faint roar of a river in the distance. Just then Midna woke up.

"W-Where are we?" She asked.

"Just south of Gil'ead," a voice said behind us. I jump around to see who it is. "I'm Murtagh, by the way, and this is Thorn," The man said, gesturing to himself at the first name and at the giant red lizard behind him.

"IS THAT A DRAGON!?!?" I yell, surprised at the magnificent beast.

Yes, it said in my head.

"It speaks," I said, surprised once again by Thorn.

"I should... Take you to Eragon," Murtagh said. "Get on Thorn's back, we'll take you to see my half brother."

***

We arrived and as we walked into a giant tower in the center of an island, we saw a young man with a blue sword attached to his belt standing next to a brilliant blue dragon.

"Hello, I am Eragon," The young man said, "and this is Saphira," he added, pointing to the Dragon.

Hello, Pointed~ear~two~legs, I am Saphira, The Dragon, Saphira, said.

"Hmmm, I've never seen an elf wear anything like that before," Eragon said.

"I am a hylian," I said. "I have no clue what an elf is."

They are Pointed~ear~two~legs like yourself, Saphira said.

"And what is a hylian?" Asked Eragon.

"A hylian is one who is of the race closest to the goddess Hylia," I explained.

"And you and your small impish companion are here for what again?" Eragon said.

"I don't know," I responded, "we just kind of fell through a portal here."

"Hmm... Then it is decided!" Eragon exclaimed, reminding me of an over enthusiastic child. "Saphira and I'll go with you to find a way back home!"

"First, that's a strange sword," I said, "is it called anything?"

"Yes, This blade is called", and at this he took the blade out of its sheath, "Brisingr!" At that last word the sword burst into blue flames. " It does this every time I say it's name," He said, and the flames died down, soon fading out to nothingness...

------------------

That is part one of Chapter 1: Joined Worlds. Part two will be from Eragon's POV and they will meet the avengers and the chapter after that will be what was going on with the avengers before they met our two pointy-eared heroes. Well that's it for this chapter. Talk to you all later, majoras-puppet.