" festival of.. love? " | twenty - eight

Start from the beginning

"Hmph. Of course."

"Yeah."

"Great, then!" Lumine put down her unfinished Xiao costume on the ground. Xingqiu and Chongyun remained by the door, while I let out a yawn. "... X-X.. Xingqiu.. I.. need.. a.. p-popsicle.." Chongyun muttered out.

Xingqiu turned to him, only to be quite surprized. "A-are you flustered..?" Xingqiu asked. Chongyun just shyly nodded, while Xingiqu ran to get a popsicle. Once he came back, he quickly unwrapped it, and stuffed it into Chongyun's mouth.

"Hey.. why was Chongyun here so flustered, hm~?" Hu Tao gave him a teasing grin. Chongyun just looked away, still sucking on the popsicle like his life depended on it.

"Ahem.. it's getting late. We should leave now." Xiao stood up, crossing his arms.. per usual. I quickly nodding, running back into the living room to collect my prop. Everyone else also took the things they were working on, before saying bye to Lumine..

"See you Lumine, Aether!" I smiled, and waved. Aether, and Lumine waved back, before Xiao took my hand.

Once they closed the door, I could hear the both of them talking. "So.. Aether.. your going to preform with like your band at the performance.. for like a intro for our play, right?" Lumine asked.

"Well, since I didn't really get a role.. duh."

"Well, okay, 'Mr. Guitarist.' Hey, one of the songs you guys are playing is called 'That band,' right? Man.. wasn't that from Bocchi the rock..?"

"Yes, and yes. I'll do the little guitar intro too.. one of the best parts in the song." Aether replied, before I heard him rush to his room.. seconds later, I heard.. loud guitar.

I just turned around, back to Xiao. "Are you done easedropping?" He asked, still crossing his arms. I replied with a simple nod, before he began to drag me back home.

"So, Xiao.. when we go to that.. uhm.. festival, could we perhaps.. have a little date after?" I nervously asked. Xiao took a few moments to answer. "... I'd.. like that." He replied.

"Oh- wait! Do you wanna rehearse that one scene again? I think we have it almost perfected.. then we can move on!" I again asked. Xiao simply nodded, before taking me to a nearby park.

I set my prop down leaning on a bench, while also putting my school backpack on there. Xiao put his bag down, along with a little tote bag.. he uses that to keep the costume safe.

I quickly took out my papers, while also getting Xiao's. After I gave his to him, I cleared my throat.

"X-Xiao..!" I pleaded, while my arm pressed against my chest. A few seconds later, Xiao turned around, directly facing toward me. I took a few seconds to admire how he quickly got into character.

"You.. you came."

"You called."

He simply crossed his arms, while my expression turned sorrowful, and.. warm. A faint smile appeared on my face. "You.. you really have to stop risking your life.." I paused, taking his hand in mines.

"I missed you.. so.. so much. Please.. don't ever do that again.." I looked up at him, tears in my eyes. Xiao's cold gaze softened, after seeing my expression, and tears. "... Apologies.. I'll.. try to not do that very often now.."

"In the end, though.." I again began to trail off, keeping a sorrowful expression. "... I'm glad you got saved. I don't know who.. or what saved you.. but.. I'm happy.." In the updated script I was acting out, I hugged him; tightly.