Singularity F : I

Chapter 1 : A king's answer

"No cost too great.No will to break No mind to think.No voice to cry suffering."

- The Pale King

After all the efforts he made,he finally did it.
But, something made him unsatisfied.
His Perfect, Hollow Vessel, failed.
That shows how much he was the one to blame.

He is a failure. Thanks to his thirst of knowledge,he destroyed his kingdom.

And now,even if everything was put to an end, something was missing.

And that was.

Purpose.

He failed as a King,millions are dead.

All thanks to him.

Even if he was a King,he can't do anything now.

And his purpose vanished.

Funny. To think,that how he gave the Vessels only a purpose to follow,and that now he doesn't even have one.

Maybe, Nothing matters anymore.

Maybe,just maybe

He stood over the Abyss.

He fell.

Something was calling to him... Throne of Heroes?

Yeah,like he was any hero.More like a failed king.

But,he still,answered the call.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Come on...Come on..." Olga was losing herself.She looked down at the shield.The summoning ritual was stressing to make,since they were in a place full of enemy servants. And the fact that the summoning took a bit longer,it was another weight.

"What is happening? Isn't taking it's time?"Ritsuka was new to this stuff. But by seeing the Director's reaction,this wasn't good

"We don't have a catalyst,Senpai.And without one, there's a less chance that a Servant will answer the call." Mash clarified. Ritsuka was still confused.

"So,the Servant will come to help?"

"I think...yes?Maybe?"Mash wasn't sure about that.

"Oh.Ok then. Well,we'll be fine with just you.You are honestly good at protecting us."

Mash gave a sad look.

"Thank you Senpai,but maybe-"

"Wait."Olga,interrupting the two,said. The two turned down to stare at the shield, watching as a ring of glowing spheres sprang to life just above the centre of the cross-shaped shield.

The spheres began to rotate rapidly until they became a central ring, soon shooting inwards as a pillar of light shot up into the sky. The trio covered their eyes at the sudden brightness before lowering their hands.

Standing atop Mash's shield was a man.

Ritsuka could only guess they were of royalty.They had medium silk white hair.They had a long platinum cape,that covered a white shining light armor.The face was covered by a mask with two holes for the eyes to see through.Then there was a long white crown on his head.
After a few moments, no one said anything. Then the man spoke.

"I am Ruler. King of Hallownest.Who needs my aid?"

Ritsuka raised his hand.

"I see." The man nodded,then getting off of the shield, which the Shielder took.