𝟕𝟓 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

*

Whilst the orphanage was underway about three weeks ago, the people who were part of the Coup d'etat, the military righteously and mercilessly punished those of the old order meaning......

Political families and those related to them had their titles revoked and were sent to detention facilities scattered across the land. As for the remaining aristocracy, different levels of taxation were set for those who cooperated with the Military and those who opposed them, preventing them from joining together. These purges displaced even more central figures in human society than had died in the rebellion.....but much was gained in return....

Some inside the interior Military Police, which had been ordered to wipe out signs of technological innovation...had in fact preserved research records in secret, opening the door to new and better weapons.

In fact the shining stones within the cavern beneath the Reiss family grounds, supposedly created by the titans were distributed to the people to provide limitless energy. With manufacturing areas lit both day and night, productivity improved.....and the hardening power Eren managed to gain when we saved him from Rod......was promised not only to block Shiganshina District's ruined gate....

....but a powerful new anti-titan weapon was invented.....

*

*

"....then you fold the sheet back," I instruct softly, while helping Dieter learn how to prepare beds. Clearly he was getting the main gist of it, but there was more to adjust to. I don't expect much from the children, especially being brought to the surface or from streets from any district of the walls.

"Like this?" He asks, rather cutely while he carefully folds it back.

Nodding, "Yes, great job!" ruffling his chestnut brown hair. "Now, we only got two more to do......can you handle that?"

His smile grew wide, "Yep!!!!"

Despite everything these children been through, you could see the light finally resurfacing to their faces. It made me feel relieved and more at ease, knowing that we're doing everything with our power to keep them safe and secure. Historia definitely chose something worth funding towards, regardless of the famine we're also suffering with as well.

Dusting my hands together with an exhale I smile down upon the boy, "Alright, let's see if dinner is ready?" I suggest, while the mention of food made his eyes widen with excitement rushing to my side. He took my hand without hesitation, tugging me forward down the hallway.

"Let's go, let's go!!!!!"

Laughing softly in response I trail behind him, feeling a tender warmth spread through my chest.

"Okay, okay......don't trip," I warn, with a gentle smile.

The way his smaller hand fitted in my slightly larger one, made it all the more cuter.

Finally reaching the mess halls down below with a savoury aroma, a small group of children were gathered as well in the room. One of the female Military soldiers, Natalie, became a cook, giving me and Historia less worries in finding someone. We've opened a few jobs for anyone to help out, but only a few have volunteered.

It wasn't just this building, but three more were stationed side by side.

"It's Akira!!!!!"

Smiling at the children that decided to flood towards me, Natalie calls the children back to grab their dinner. Breathing in relief to not have many tugging at me one by one, little Dieter decided to follow along and grab his. Standing all in a line, they all waited patiently while learning about restraint as well.