{Chapter 1 - the new alliance}

Start from the beginning

"Pidge, get back up and buckle in. Hunk?" Cori asked

"I 'm try-ah no-" Hunk's face went practically green, and Cori had to look away and cover her nose as he puked.

"There goes fixing the shaking... Lance! Try to keep this piece of junk in the air if you're going to be so stubborn."

"Attention lunar vessel. This is galaxy garrison rescue craft 1victor63tango. Coming in for landing and extraction. Against crew recommendations." Pidge reported, shooting Lance a glare.

"No time for your mutinous comments now, Pidge. They're going under, and we're going in." Lance insisted, making Cori facepalm.

"Look out for that overhang!" Pidge exclaimed.

"No worries. You know what they called me during my first year of flight school? They called me the-" Lance was cut off as Cori leaped from her seat and seized the ship controls, spinning the ship vertically to avoid the arch, but apparently not fast enough.

All of the crewmates flinched as the ship lost a wing, and Cori held a deadpan expression on her face as the simulation ended.

"Nice work, doofus," Cori said blandly at Lance, as all four cadets left the simulator.

~~~

Cori stared at the wall as Commander Iverson eyed the quartet of students with judgment in his eyes, and she really fought with herself to stay calm, and not look at Iverson defiantly.

"Now let's see if we can't use this complete failure as a lesson for the rest of you students. Can anyone point out the mistakes these four so-called 'cadets' made in the simulator?" Commander Iverson said stiffly, standing with his hands behind his back.

"The engineer puked in the main gearbox." a boy in the back said.

"Yes." Commander Iverson agreed. "As everyone knows, vomit is not an approved lubricant for engine systems," he said sharply, making Cori wince on Hunk's behalf. "What else?"

"The comms spec removed his safety harness." a girl added.

"The pilot crashed." said a girl in the back as well.

"The operations manager seized ship controls instead of running diagnostics on failing systems." A boy by the name of Griffin scorned.

"Correct! And worst of all, the whole job, they're arguing with each other! heck, if you're going to be this bad individually, you may as well be able to work as a team!" Commander Iverson chastised.

"the galaxy garrison exists to turn young cadets like you, into the next generation of elite astro explorers. but these kinds of mistakes are exactly what cost the lives of the men on the Kerberos mission!"

"That's not true, sir." Pidge immediately interjected, which was.. odd. Why had he interjected?

"What did you say?!" Commander Iverson demanded.

"Sorry, sir. I-I think he may have hit his head when he fell out of his chair, but point taken." Lance said, quickly covering Pidge's mouth.

"I hope I don't need to remind you, that the only reason you're here, is because one of the best pilots in your class had a discipline issue, and flunked out. don't follow in his footsteps." Commander Iverson said intimidatingly, towering over Lance.

wow, harsh... but deserved.

Iverson leaned over to Cori, and she quickly saluted.

"Very good job trying to follow protocol, Mrs. Hikaru."

Voltron: The Paladin of LightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara