↳ 𝙄𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚

"Do you really have to take me to school?" Megumi complains while Satoru walks right beside him. For whatever reason, Satoru decided that he wanted to drop Megumi and Tsumiki off at school. Tsumiki doesn't mind, but Megumi on the other hand...

"Just practicing with you two before I have my son." Satoru responds, which only pisses Megumi off more because he knows that it'll be a long time before the baby comes or at least it feels like forever. Tsumiki doesn't really mind, at least she isn't paying attention to them.

"You're a big fat liar." Megumi claims, making Satoru roll his eyes. The kid isn't wrong, but he doesn't have to say it like that. Satoru didn't even bother walking Megumi and Tsumiki to school, even when he first found out the pregnancy news. Not even when he began to get excited about everything. But now Satoru has nothing to do.

The moment the sun comes out, Leiko is knocking on his door and she won't leave even when Satoru has to work. He's stuck with her as long as he's in his apartment, and he hates it, so now he's doing everything in his power to stay away from his own home.

"What's going to be the baby's name?" Tsumiki asks, and Satoru sighs. He has been thinking of baby names, but he doesn't think you'll even consider his suggestions. So he ends up shrugging. Satoru feels his phone ring, and he takes it out of his pocket. His eyes light up when he sees your phone display on the screen.

"Hi!" Satoru answers the phone a little too excitedly. He wonders why you're calling, and then he thinks of the worst. You're not calling him to check up on him, you've regressed from that point in your relationship. There must be something wrong with the baby. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah... I–" You begin and he hears you sigh from the other end of the phone. He comes to a complete stop, waiting for you to say something. Megumi and Tsumiki walk ahead of him, following their usual paths to school. "I hate to ask you of all people but Kaya is getting a little too much for me... I love her but I've asked her around five times to stop setting me up on dates but tonight she set me up for another. I tried to talk to Daisuke about it but even he can't do anything."

"I'll be on my way. I'm dropping off Megumi and Tsumiki at school and then I'll be right over." Satoru says and he waits for your response before hanging up the phone. The kids walk way ahead of him, "You two are good, right?!"

Tsumiki puts up her arm, holding her thumb up.

-

"Hey..." You open the door and awkwardly greet Satoru. He returns your greeting with an awkward smile. He walks into the place and awkwardly looks around, trying to find Kaya. You notice and you tell him, "She's in your old room. She stays there now."

"Okay..." He slowly nods. "Is she sleeping? She is right? I don't want to wake her up and then get myself killed."

"She is... You can just wait for her to wake up though." You tell him. "If you want, we're setting up the nursery so you can help a bit."

"You are?" Satoru asks and you hum in response. He expected it. He knows he has no right to join you in that aspect. Satoru knows that you're still livid with him, and the only reason you two are still in contact is due to the fact that you're having a baby so very soon. "I'll love to help with anything."

"It's nothing too much... Kaya does need help setting up the crib and I'm no help, so maybe you can do that." You suggest and Satoru nods his head. He walks to the nursery, and his hand feels sweaty as his hand reaches for the doorknob. He opens the door and sees what you have so far.

A light blue nursery, with barely any furniture. The walls have paintings of clouds, and when he looks up at the ceiling, there's fake stars around. There's a purple moon hanging off the ceiling, where he assumes the crib will be. Satoru just looks around the room for a minute before he sees the crib's box, and the parts that are scattered outside the box.