"A lot of things come to mind..." I said truthfully.
"Like what? Give me the first three." She instructed.

Without hesitation, I said "Mom. Supportive. Feisty."

"The same way you see her as your mother, is the same way she views you as her son. She loves you entirely too much to leave you behind. Whatever goes down between her and Jayson it's never on you. It's on them two." She assured me.

"And, truthfully, if you feel this way, maybe you should have a sit down conversation with the both of them and let them know how you feel. You can do it with them separately or together, whichever makes you feel comfortable."

I nodded my head, thinking of what Asia had suggested, and it was a good idea, it might also help me to understand what was going on with them and show them how it's affecting me.

"I have one more question..." I said, looking down at my hands.

Asia nodded and gave me a sad smile. "Okay."

"Do you...do you think...do you think that I was a mistake?" I asked.

"Not at all," Asia replied. "Why? Do you?"
I shrugged. "Sometimes, yeah..."

*****

HARMONIE ELISE POOLE

"So, you can cook, you love animals, you love soccer, and you want to be an artist?" I said, going down the list of things Mikah liked to do as we walked into Study Hall.

Mikah chuckled and nodded his head as we took our seats in the back of the classroom. "Yeah. I actually do volunteer work at the animal shelter during the weekends. You should come with me one day, it's fun."

"Sure!" I giggled, opening my Chemistry textbook. "I'll uh, ask my parents if I can go."

"Hiii, Mikah."

I rolled my eyes discreetly as Cameron and Kiyana walked over to Mikah and I's desks and hovered over Mikah who automatically looked uncomfortable, but despite his discomfort, he remained polite.

"Hello." He said with a small smile.

Cameron grinned. "So, Mikah, I don't know if you happened to hear, but there's a formal coming up, and I was wondering if you wanted to ask a certain someone to be your date?"

Oh gag me with a spoon.

"And if you don't," Kiyana said in her helium like voice. "I have the perfect person for you to ask.."

Shoot me in the head with a nail gun, please. SOMEBODY!

Mikah nodded his head and grinned widely. "Actually, I did have a person in mind, and I'm sure you're going to love who I'm asking."

Cameron smiled widely. "Oh really? Well, I'm looking forward to finding out who it is you'll be asking."

"Oh, I bet you are.." I mumbled to myself as I began working on my homework.

"Excuse me, what was said?" Kiyana snapped, narrowing her light brown eyes at me.

Cameron turned her head to me and looked at me as if I was the scum on her shoes. "If you're going to say something, say it with your chest, Poole."