"Pfft" Scott scoffed. "Traded in for a fucking lesbian. I never meant a damn thing to you. Good luck getting off. There's no way she's as good as me in bed." Scott said walking down the driveway.

"She's actually better, and lasts longer than a few minutes." Peyton said slamming the door. 'What the fuck did I ever see in him' Peyton thought as she started up the stairs to go talk to Lainey.

Peyton knocked on Lainey's door but didn't get a response. She knocked again, but this time opened the door as she was knocking and called her name.

Lainey wasn't in her room but she had left her phone on the desk. She saw that Mack and Eli were on facetime with her.

"The fuck do you want now?" Eli asked.

"Eli shut up you don't even know Peyton's side. Maybe there's a reason she chose Scott."

"Huh?" Peyton said. She was confused because she hadn't chosen Scott. "Wait is that what Lainey thinks? Is that why she got upset earlier when I told her I was inviting him over?"

"Peyton, what are you doing in here?" Lainey said from the doorway.

"I was looking for you. Where were you? Wait why did you get upset earlier when I told you I was inviting Scott over?"

Lainey rolled her eyes. "I was in the bathroom, and I don't want to talk about you and Scott right now. Please leave me alone."

"No, Lainey I think you've got it wrong."

"Wrong? I have it wrong? You kissed him when he walked through the door! 'Oh Lainey I'm just going to invite him over to talk' AND THEN PROCEEDS TO SUCK FACE BEFORE HE STEPS IN THE DOOR!" Lainey shouted.

"I think we should go." Mack said. "Eli hang up."

"No this is just getting good."

"Eli. Hang. Up."

"Why she's just going to tell us later anyway."

"HANG UP YOU BAFOON!"

"Ok, ok, jeez no need to be so demanding MOM" Eli rolled his eyes and hung up. Mack hung up right after.

"Lainey he kissed me." Peyton said. "Wait were you watching us?"

"Not on purpose. It had been so long since you told me he was coming over I forgot. So when I heard the door I went to see who it was, but when I got to the edge of the stairs I saw you guys making out so I turned around and came back to my room."

"Well, if you'd have stayed you'd have watched me push him off."

"What?"

"Look when I told you I was inviting him over to talk, that's exactly what I meant. I wanted to tell him that we weren't getting back together, but I didn't want to do it over the phone or tonight at dinner when everyone was watching. I didn't know he was going to kiss me when I opened the door or I wouldn't have let it happen."

"You... You didn't choose Scott? But I thought you loved him? And now your parents aren't forcing you to be with me? You guys can be together."

"You're right. I did love Scott, and my parents aren't forcing me to be with ANYONE. Scott and I could be together, but I don't want to be."

"W-why?" Lainey asked, already hoping she knew the answer but needing to hear it from Peyton herself.

Peyton smiled. "Lain, I think you know why."

Lainey blushed, "Will you please just say it so I know for sure? I don't want there to be any confusion."

Peyton smirked and walked over to where Lainey was standing. She took Lainey's hands in her own and led her to the bed. She gently pushed Lainey down so that she was sitting on the foot of her bed. Peyton climbed on her lap and pushed the hair behind her ear that had fallen in her face.