"Just come with us Scott. Peyton needs some time to take this all in anyway. You can come back with us for dinner tonight." Monica said grabbing Scotts arm and trying to pull him out the door to avoid conflict.

"No" Scott said shaking out of Monica's grip and accidentally causing her to stumble back.

"HEY!" Bill shouted. "I don't care whether you want to stay here or not, but you will NOT treat my wife like that!" Bill scolded him.

"Look I just want to talk to my girl ok."

"Scott as badly as my wife and I feel for what we did to you two. I can't say that the chef is wrong. Peyton is technically your ex, and this is her house with Lainey. Lets just all leave and take a breather and talk this over at dinner. It's not like you won't get to see her again."

"But what about that other bitch?! Why does she get to stay?" Scott yelled back.

That sent Rue over the edge. "Oh you did not just call my goddaughter a bitch. Why I oughta-" Rue lunged at Scott, but thankfully Bill and John were able to hold her back.

"Get... him... out of here." Bill grunted as him and John struggled to keep their grip on Rue.

"Lainey lives here too, Scott. She has a right to stay in her own house if she wants to." Monica said as her and Sarah pushed Scott out the door.

After everyone was finally gone Rue went back to the living room to find the girls still standing in the same spots as they were when she left.

Rue sighed and walked over and embraced them both in a very large hug. "Come here girls."

This time Lainey and Peyton both responded to the hug they were receiving. "I'm sorry girls. I didn't know they were coming over or I would have given you a heads up."

"It's ok Rue." Lainey said.

"We understand." Peyton said.

"Ok, well I think you two have a lot to talk about so I'll leave you to it. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything." Rue said giving them one last squeeze before letting go and heading off to the kitchen.

"What do we do now?" Peyton asked.

Lainey sighed before saying. "Well, I already know what I want to do, but you were thrown a curveball so I'm sure you haven't decided yet. Just know that I will always be here for you, Peyton, no matter what you decide." For the second time today Lainey wanted to tell Peyton that she loved her, but she didn't want to overwhelm the girl even more so she kept it to herself once again and walked off to her room.

Peyton sat down on the couch and put her head in her hands. She thought about all of her good times with Scott, and all of her good times with Lainey. Just a little bit ago she had wanted to tell Lainey she loved her, but now she wasn't sure what Lainey wanted and they were TRULEY no longer forced to stay together if things went wrong. Lainey told Peyton that she knew what she wanted, but she didn't explain any further than that. What if Lainey didn't want to stay together? What if Peyton's parents had never forced her to break up with Scott? Would she have ever found her love for Lainey?

Peyton made her decision, but she had to talk to Scott first. She went up to let Lainey know she was inviting Scott back over.

"Come in" Lainey said after hearing a knock on her door.

"Hey" Peyton said as she stuck her head through the door.

"Hey ba-... I, uh... hey Peyton. What's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know that I know what I want."

"Oh" Lainey's eyes lit up.

"Yeah, I'm about to call Scott and tell him to come over."

"Oh" Lainey said in a defeated tone.

"Wai-"

"No, no... I get it. He was your first love. Go get him back."

"Lainey I-"

"Peyton, no. Please get out." Lainey turned back to her desk so that Peyton couldn't see the tears escaping her eyes.

She knew she wasn't being a very good friend to Peyton like she said she would be no matter who she chose, but her heart broke when Peyton said she was telling Scott to come over. She was really hopeful that Peyton would choose her. She had faith in what they had built, but apparently it was all one sided. What did Scott have that Lainey didn't?

"Oh, umm... ok. Sorry to bother you." Peyton said closing the door again. Peyton could tell that when she told Lainey she was calling Scott that it upset her, but what was she supposed to do? Not tell him that it was time to move on because she already had? Not give him a proper goodbye since their last one was forced? How could Lainey expect that from her? It still didn't change her decision, it just made her a little more nervous now to actually follow her heart. What if Lainey really didn't want to stay together?

Peyton went back to the living room and sat in her thoughts for a bit longer, trying to decide how she was going to tell Scott she didn't love him. Eventually she called Scott and told him to come over because they needed to talk.