𝟎𝟑𝟑 | 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲

Start from the beginning

I lift my hair up so that the measuring tape can tightly wrap around my bust. I look at Malfoy, making sure he isn't looking at me. He isn't. The tape moves on measuring my shoulder and arm length before Malkin throws some fabric on me.

As Malkin works her magic, I flip through the magazine. There's been a fashion show in Muggle Italy a few days ago and some of the clothes are cute. It looks as if mixing bright and dark colours is a popular trend. Ooh, there's going to be a wizarding fashion show in Paris next week to close the summer season. I need to go with Daphne. If I see Heather Laveau I'm going to rub it in Camden's face.

That is if he hasn't bought tickets already.

In no time, Madam Malkin finishes her work, she packages it up neatly and the two adults bicker over who will be paying.

"Clarissa listen to me, I'm pretty much her Godmother you must let me pay."

"Have you forgotten that I am her mother? It's my responsibility to deal with her expenses."

Get me out of here.

Luckily for me, it seems like the ferret boy and I share the same feeling. We look at each other, back and forth, repeatedly.

Think about it, imagine seeing two ridiculously rich mums arguing over the fees of a shirt that a) isn't even expensive and b) is for school. It's all stupid. Poor Malkin, she's probably thinking that these ladies have gone crazy.

"No, no friend of mine is to pay for my child. Especially you as you're my best friend."

"I'm practically her second mother!"

Malfoy walks forward.

"Alright, enough."

He reaches into the pockets of his trousers and the sound of coins is heard.

Mum and Narcissa both look at each other, confused and lost. Then, that look changes into a scary look, they smirk and their eyebrows wiggle.

Malfoy brings the coins out of his pockets, not even bothering to count or check. He just pays. Knowing him, it's all just Gold-Galleons.

"Keep the rest." He tells Madam Malkin.

"Oh, I can't."

"Yes you can. Don't try to argue with me because I assure you, I will not hesitate to act like my mother." He turns around from the counter with a package in his hands. "Let's go." He walks past all of us and to the outside.

"That's one way to sort it," I say to myself.

"Don't lie, what he did was very charming." Mum whispers behind me.

"Yes but—"

"She said yes!" Narcissa giggles.

Good heavens, give me a break.

Walking out of the clothing shop, Malfoy is waiting there and holding a box with pink decorative ribbons. It's amusing to say the least. He reminds me of a husband buying a present for his wife.

Not that I'm the wife. But he did pay for me, that's considered a present— Oh my Gosh I need to stop.

Narcissa has to head to Gringotts Bank to sign something for Lucius. Mum decides to go with her. I tell them I want to go to Amanuensis Quills and I made the mistake of not saying the word 'alone' because together, they chose to leave Malfoy with me so I can be "protected and safe".

Funny when I could kill anyone who touches me. Not to mention, it's a quill and ink shop. What's remotely hazardous about a quill shop? The chances of me getting attacked by a hundred of angry quills are low.