part six

Days passed by as this routine of Zan and Priscilla continued. They started to develop a bond of genuine friendship. It seemed like they both had endless tales to blabber about with each other. He would tell her the infamous tales of Tastia, and she would narrate stories of the 'strange world' she came from.

"Your kind doesn't have horses for transportation?"

"Exactly! We use parts of metal and other machinery to form Cars."

And the day always ended with either laughter or heartwarming moments.

"You know how to play the flute?" Zan raised an eyebrow, amazed how a lady had that potential.

"Yes, of course, I do. Do you want me to teach you? I am an excellent tutor." Her eyes shone with exhilaration at the prospect of teaching her how to play her favorite instrument.

"I am always ready for learning, and that too from such a charming lady." He said, winking at her.

"Oh, shut up you! Your corny skills at flirting never fail to make me cackle." She said while laughing with her head back. "Do you have a flute? We ought to start with the teaching right away."

"Yes, milady. I will bring it out, just a moment." He let out a small laugh, content with teasing her.

"Twist the head joint so that the mouth hole is in line with the key and hold the flute up at eye level. Rest your thumb on the first key at the bottom of the flute and wrap the rest of your fingers around the other side of the flute. "

"Alright, understood. Is this okay?"

"No, wait, hold on. Let me help you out."

His gaze fixated on her figure as she came nearer and touched his arms to fix his posture. Wondering if she could hear his heart beating profusely, he inhaled a sharp breath. The soothing coolness of her fingertips brushed past his muscles sending him into a frenzy of emotions. It felt magical, electrifying, and wonderful.

"Hey! Are you there? Come back to earth."

He blinked out of the trance he was in to see Priscilla widely waving both of her arms in front of him. Her hooded eyes were wide, searching his face for answers. He gulped at the sight of her being extremely close to his face, accidentally biting his inner cheek out of nervousness.

"Oh my gosh, say something! Why are you so stoic-faced with that hanging jaw? Are you okay? Wait a minute, are you blushing?"

"NO! Wat-err" he croaked out. Good gracious! This is so embarrassing. "A glass of water, please," he said after clearing his throat.

"Sure, I will be right back," She said as her footsteps receded to the kitchen.

Later, they both stood outside, looking at the clear sky with their loud thoughts. However, their ponderings were far from similar. Where Priscilla's thoughts consisted of her dwelling upon what her reason for being sent to this kingdom could be, Zan's thoughts were occupied by a single sentence, I am in love. 

This is a very short chapter ik:( just 500 words:(

But i wanted to publish something, because it has been wayy too long and I have been stuck on a single writer's block. Life's been quite a mess these days, with too much workload coming in. 

Thank you for all the increasing support♡