Forty: The Violet Beam

Começar do início

"Oslac, take your place." Ethan instructed in a gentle tone that was laced with the authority of the ancient power.

Oslac was not able to argue anymore, for the violet magic in the man's gaze pulled him to his feet and made him walk to the top of the palace steps, where all present could see him. He took out his light orb and made it grow to fit his palm. He held it above his head, just as he was told he must do the day his father died. Ribbons of violet light left both Beanni's comatose body and Ethan's eyes. They danced in the air, grabbing the attention of all whom the darkness did not kill with a graceful and warm caress. Everyone present then watched the violet magic enter Oslac's orb and once the very last ribbon joined the glittering pollen that swirled in his palm, a bright beam of violet light shot into the sky. It lit up the whole sky before it broke up into countless, twinkling stars. The beauty of the full night sky filled the eyes of the crowd and brought peace to their hearts. A serene silence took over the once despair filled atmosphere, until a great portion of the stars rained down upon Oslac's head - blessing him within his new role as king.

"Stars shine upon you," the crowd called out in perfect unison. "Your majesty, King Oslac!"

Oslac lowered his orb slowly, held it in front of his mouth and addressed the crowd. The magic made his new courageous tone project to all corners of the palace grounds.

"Natanstrelleans, my heart breaks for our loss, we have lost so much. But we must not give up on our society and our Terran. The light will bring restoration to Natanstrelle. Before anything else we shall bury our dead. Take them to Na Dèan Oblivi and let them lie there where we can remember their sacrifice alongside our taken ancestors. Follow my lead, we will all go now."

He then walked back down the steps, held his orb over his father's body and made it levitate before him. He took him first past the History teacher at Amber Academy, who he knew to be Nani Fiosolim. She was kneeling beside her deceased, misled sister and two cousins. She solemnly got to her feet, made all three of them float in the air beside her and followed closely behind her new king. All the Natanstrelleans followed suit as Oslac led them out of Astrid Palace's gates.

Beanni blinked her eyes open, she looked down, and there, with his head lying on the mattress beside her, was her dozing father

"Dad?" she croaked, making him sit up with a start.

"Bay! Oh my Bay, you're alright!" he said as a tear trickled down his cheek.

"Yes, I'm fine." She then took in her still surroundings. "Are we in the palace?"

"Yes, Claudia brought us to the healing chamber. She's going to take care of you."

"No, there is no need, I'm..."

Suddenly a deep rumbling yell filled Beanni's mind. It was so loud it felt like it was tearing through her.

"Beanni, what is it?" Her father looked so worried. "Claudia! She's hurting!"