✦ › ♡˖°꒰ chapter thirteen◞ ̑̑

YEONJUN's POV,

"wow, you guys made it." taehyun commented with a sarcasm when we arrived.

"you said you'd be here early? you missed hyunie going up on stage when it was announced he's the valedictorian, hmp." hueningkai pouted.

yeji, ryujin, and yuna looked at me with disapproving glares. i sighed and said, "fine. i'm sorry, it's my fault. i forgot that today is your graduation day. sorry again."

taehyun and hueningkai exchanged glances, and hueningkai smiled. "nah, that's okay. we understand. at least you guys are here now!" he said cheerfully.

i smiled, and we all decided to take a group photo. of course, we also took pictures together, the three of us, me, hyun, and kai.

the two of them were now college graduates, and i was happy for them, but i couldn't help but worry because taehyun, hueningkai, and he were all in the same grade level. so, like he's also here and there's a possibility that we see each other.

"hyung? where are you going?" i turned to look at them, and they were all looking at me.

"h-huh?" i scratched my head. "i just need to check something, and i'll be back."

well.. i just wanted to see him, even just for a short while.

taehyun sighed, and hueningkai gave me a small smile. i nodded, and started walking away.

i looked around, searching for him until i reached their class section, but i didn't see him. i even asked his classmates, but they didn't know where he was.

i sighed and decided to sit on a bench for a while since i was getting tired from walking. i stayed there for a few minutes and then stood up but as i was about to leave, i heard a voice from behind me.

"yeonjun.."

my heart started beating abnormally, but it's normal for me, especially when it comes to him. i turned around slowly, and there he was.

he smiled at me, a smile that i loved so much. i wanted to smile back broadly, just like him, but i couldn't. i wanted to show him that i was okay, just like him, but i couldn't.

because the truth is, i'm still hurting.

"beomgyu.."

his smile widened even more, it was evident in his eyes that he was so happy and for sure it's because..

he's in love.

and i know it's not with me.

"beomie! there you are, mom's been looking for you." a tall guy suddenly appeared and hugged him.

i heard beomgyu giggle. "sorry, binnie, i just saw a friend." then he looked at me.

a friend.

yeah, a friend.

i wanted to cry, but i stopped myself because i couldn't. i couldn't be weak and show beomgyu that i haven't moved on yet because i know he'd feel guilty and come back to me.

not because he loves me.

but because he'd feel sorry for me.

so it's a no, i couldn't cry. i smiled, forcing myself to smile broadly to show that i wasn't affected and nodded. "a-ah yes, but don't worry, i'm leaving anyway. hehe."

"huh? but we haven't talked yet," he replied.

"beomie~" we both looked at soobin because of his sudden change in voice. he was now pouting and obviously seeking for his attention.

"binnie, yeonjun and i just need to talk. i promise, just talk."

soobin pouted even more, "but-" he couldn't finish what he was going to say when beomgyu suddenly kissed him on the lips.

and me?

i felt a million needles pierce my heart. it hurt, so much that i just wanted to disappear just so i wouldn't feel this pain.

"yeonjun!" they stopped, including me, and turned to look. i saw yeji running towards us.

when she arrived, her irritating smile from earlier vanished and was replaced with concern. i looked at her until i felt tears fall down my cheek.

her concern deepened but i just smiled at her and wiped the tears from my eyes. i faced beomgyu and watched them.

"oh? is she your girlfriend?" soobin suddenly asked me, surprising me.

"huh?" yeji and i asked in unison.

beomgyu laughed and looked at me proudly, "yeonjun already has a girlfriend. he's moved on, thank goodness."

i couldn't reply anymore when a girl approached them. soobin called her "mom" so maybe that was the mom he mentioned earlier.

beomgyu looked at me again, "so well uh.. we need to go. goodbye, until we meet again. thank you and sorry again, jjun." after that, he started to walk away but then he stop and turned to look at me once again.

"and oh- stay strong to you and to your girlfriend. i'm so happy for the both of you!"