𝟎𝟏𝟗: 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐦𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Everything."

Good answer, but not exactly what you were hoping for. You pick up a sheer lipstick, blush and a quad eyeshadow palette. All natural-looking tones.

"Pick," you say, holding the product up for him to observe. Draken looked like he was making the hardest decision of his life. He points at the lipstick. You felt relieved, you didn't care which product he chose but you were glad it was the cheapest one.

You both walk out. You drop the lipstick in the bag and pocket the receipt. "There's a cafe up ahead," you tell Draken, "We could get her sweets too."

-

"Let's not, Hina! This is Mikey we're talking about!" Takemichi frantically calls out.

"But I feel bad for Draken and [Y/N]!" Hina stubbornly continues, stomping over.

You and Draken overheard. "You feel bad for who, now?" You both said in unison as you approached Takemichi. The boy looked like he saw a ghost and was on the verge of tears. You watched where Hina was walking to. It was the cafe you were already headed to. The one you went with Mikey.

As you walked closer, Mikey and Emma were seated, seemingly already finished with their dessert. Hina slams onto their table, "You two are the worst!"

Emma looked at the pink-haired girl in confusion. You couldn't help but facepalm. "Emma and Mikey?" Draken rhetorically asks, not expecting to bump into them.

"It's not what it looks like Draken!!" Takemichi shouts, tears streaming down his face. You already caught on to what they were speculating.

"Draken?!" Emma exclaims right after Takemichi mentioned his name. Hina turns in shock. Mikey turns his head away. "Pfft-" Draken begins to laugh, "You took your little sister out for her birthday, Mikey?!"

"Shut up," Mikey says, still not making eye contact with his friend. Draken continues to laugh, you assume it was payback for Mikey laughing at him for worrying about a present.

Takemichi, Hina and Yamagishi (who was surprisingly there) exclaim their confusion. Uninformed that Mikey and Emma are half-siblings. Takemichi looks at the two again and comments, realizing they had some sort of resemblance.

"I thought I told Hina that already," Emma says, thinking if she did or not. Hina was distracted by the display of sweets near the entrance of the cafe. You take the lipstick out of the bag and hid it behind you, giving the bag to Draken.

Draken takes out the stuffed bear and places it on her head, catching her attention. She picks it up and stares at it. "Happy birthday," he says, smiling at the girl. Emma's face gradually turns redder.

You take the lipstick from behind you, "I got you something too," you smile, "Happy birthday!" Emma takes it and thanks you.

"That's all, I'm outta here," Draken says, greeting everyone goodbye before exiting. You hear the boys exclaim how cool they thought Draken was. Emma hugs the bear happily.

Hina walks up to you, "I didn't know it was Emma's birthday," she says, slightly guilty. You pat her on the back. "I only found out 'cause Draken asked me to help him pick a gift," you say quietly. Hina tugs on your sweater to follow her. Going back to the display of desserts, "These look so yummy!"

"I'm surprised Mikey knows about a cafe like this," she comments. You contemplate telling her you took Mikey here. Knowing Hina, she might cause a small scene hearing you went on a date with him again.

As Hina continues to look at the sweets, you turn to Takemichi. He notices you and you cock your head. Pointing at Hina. He continues to stand and watch and you become more aggressive, your head starting to hurt from moving it rapidly.

"My god, Takemitchy, take a hint!" Emma says your thoughts out loud. Loud enough to startle Hina a bit. Takemichi checks his pockets frantically and walks up to the display. "Which one did you want?" He asks and Hina points at the strawberry parfait. His expression immediately switches after reading the price.

Takemichi turns and counts his change. You could tell after he slumped his shoulders that it wasn't enough. "The strawberry one, right?" You ask Hina and she nods.

You walk out with exactly that. Takemichi looked like he was defeated. Hina perks up, "You bought it for me?" She smiles and you nod.

"You'd make a great boyfriend, you know," she says, making you laugh. "Wouldn't I?" you say, looking at Takemichi and smirking. "Yeah, she paid for our parfait when we went here before," Mikey chimes in.

Everyone stops and begins shifting their heads at the two of you. "I better get going," you hurriedly say. Checking your wrist as if there was a watch there, hiding your flushed face. You quickly look at Mikey, who was wearing a smug grin.

You say happy birthday to Emma one last time and greet everyone goodbye before exiting.

Chapter nineteen, end.