Chapter 2

Before the wedding vehicle arrived to pick him up, Jinghuai hastily tried to recall the content of the original novel "Restraining My Boyfriend".

To highlight the suffering of the protagonist, the original author made sure to describe the Jing family in detail. Jinghuai remembered that there were three uncles and two aunts in the family, both of whom were married and rarely came home. These three uncles were something else. They bullied the protagonist and his mum, and forced the protagonist to break up with his boyfriend.

When the protagonist learned that he was going to marry a stranger, he was incredibly shocked. He tried negotiating, he stirred up trouble, and even knelt outside the door of the Ji family for a day and a night, but the result was, he was simply dragged back into the house. Under the pretence of "care", they imprisoned him.

Unfortunately, Jinghuai did not finish reading the whole book and did not know the ending of these three uncles. This realisation brought him much regret.

If he had known he would be transported into this book, he would have sucked it up and finished reading it, even if he was infuriated by the male protagonists!

"Is Jinghuai ready? Grandpa is urging us to be quick!"

A rough woman's voice came from outside the door, but Jinghuai did not respond. His mother, Liu Wanyu, answered, "Almost done, sister-in-law!"

"Hurry up, or we will miss the auspicious time, or Grandpa will be angry. Don't bring trouble to us!" The tone of the eldest aunt was very impatient, and it was clear that she was accustomed to giving orders.

Jinghuai's wedding attire was actually a set of Chinese traditional clothing, consisting of a red satin embroidered with phoenix patterns. Eve Jinghuai had to admit that he didn't look too shabby.

He had never worn this kind of clothes before, and it was only with the help of Liu Wanyu that he managed to put it on. His hair was only quickly combed over and there was no time for makeup, but fortunately, he had good looks. Jinghuai had thick eyebrows, big eyes, a high nose bridge, and smooth, fair skin. Plus, the protagonist himself liked to play musical instruments, chess, calligraphy, and painting, which gave him a bit of the flavour of an ancient elegant young man.

Looking at her son, Liu Wanyu couldn't help but utter, "Xiaohuai looks so handsome."

Jinghuai's expression was blank.

So what if he was handsome? He was still forced to get married by these people who are supposed to be his family.

When they finally exited the room, the ancient courtyard was already crowded with people, young and old, men and women, all squeezed together. As Jinghuai appeared, all eyes turned to him. People looked at him with curiosity, envy, jealousy, and mockingly... there were all types of expressions.

An old man with white hair and beard and a cane stood in the courtyard, with a stern look and cold, hard lips that formed into a disdain curve. This was Jing family's grandfather, Jing Wenshen.

Everyone's expression was indifferent, except for a seventeen or eighteen-year-old boy who quietly smiled at him.

Jinghuai knew that this was his fourth cousin. He smiled back, and the cousin's grin became wider until the he was lightly hit by the woman next to him to make him stop.

The city was still dark, covered in haze, suffocating the crowd of people until winding lights in the distance broke the darkness.

Jinghuai narrowed his eyes and saw the wedding convoy. According to the original book description, the wedding procession was supposed to be "low-key" luxurious. Even if one ignored the expensive car logos, it still seemed like there was no end in sight for this fleet of vehicles. If someone woke up at this moment and saw this scene, they would probably think it was just a luxurious dream.