Prologue

"Harry and Cassie, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love--"

We could hear Zayn's muffled singing through the door, taunting us as Harry was showing me his Lego creations in the Styles' playroom.

Harry rolled his eyes in the direction of the door, grabbed my hand loosely in his, and said, "Here, get under the table. He'll leave us alone after a bit." He lifted up the blanket we used as a makeshift wall for a fort, and he gestured for me to climb in before him.

It was dark and warm under there, but Harry and I could hardly hear Zayn's stupid song anymore. Harry was breathing heavy next to me, and I realized that he still was holding my hand. Suddenly he dropped it, and started frantically searching around in his jeans pockets for something, and pulled out a little white tube. An inhaler.

"Asthma," he smirked at me, and shook his head of curls to hide his embarrassment.

"It's cool," I smiled at my new friend. I wore glasses, so it was really no big deal. Besides, my mom had promised me that I could get contacts once I started 5th grade.

Harry casually wiped his sweaty hands on the carpet of the playroom, and said, "Yeah, sorry about my older brother. He can be a jerk sometimes." In the dim lighting of the fort, i could still see his the blush in his cheeks when he said, "But don't worry, you'll always be safe with me."

To be continued..