The Great Ice Cream War - Chocolate Vs. Vanilla

Start from the beginning

You turned to Akio, shaking him by the shoulders, "I'M OUT OF ROOM ARREST!! FUCK, YEAH! WOOHOO!!" The poor man swatted you away as if you were an insect, "(Y/N), LET GO OF ME!"

You feigned ignorance, before skipping down the hallway, continuing your cheers. You then screeched to a stop, abruptly going silent. You sweatdropped, turning around to face Akio and Aoi, "Which room are they all in, again?"

Aoi blinked owlishly, facepalming, "Second door to your right." You nodded, before beginning to skip and cheer once more.

『✦』

You slammed the door open, locking eyes with Zenitsu and Sōta, who were conversing. You smiled, rushing to Sōta, "YOU'RE OKAY, SŌTA! HAHAHA!" His mood lightened as he returned your smile in the process, "(Y/N)!!"

You tackled him into a hug, laughing to yourself. You pulled back, examining his figure. After two and a half weeks of him waking up, he didn't look too bad. Bandages were wrapped around his head, as well as his arms.

You began to ramble to him, accidentally ignoring Zenitsu, who was trying to gain your attention, "How do you feel? Are you okay? I'm so sorry for not coming by sooner! Aoi and Shinobu put me on goddamn room arrest, I couldn't do anything for weeks!"

He laughed, waving his hands dismissively while answering you, one question at a time, "I'm feeling pretty good, but these bandages are starting to itch. But yes, I'm okay. Don't worry about that last part, Zenitsu already told me."

You snapped your head, facing the yellow haired boy. Your once lighthearted face slowly contorted into one of pure frustration. You gritted your teeth, wiggling your fingers angrily, "ZENITSU..."

The boy jumped backwards on his bed, his face paling, "WAGH! (Y/N)-CHAN! I'M SORRRYYY! I HAD NO CHOICE, SHINOBU WAS GOING TO KILL MEE! PLEASEE, DON'T HURT MEEE!!"

You lowered your fingers, snickering into your fist, "PFFT— baha! You made it up to me by just almost pissing your pants—! Bahahah!"

He simply stared at you, sniffling, "W-What—?" You dismissively waved him off, "Yeah, yeah, you're off the hook, this time."

You cracked your knuckles, your tone lowering. He shuddered, "Wha— eek—!" You then shook your head, your typical demeanor coming back.

Sōta snorted, "Man, I've missed seeing Zenitsu cower and piss his pants like a baby." He then shuddered, hugging himself, "When I saw him actually being a badass last mission... it's as if the whole world around me went crashing down.."

He shook his head, clenching his fist as a comical teardrop slid down his face, "Never again.. will I want to see that. Never.. again."

Zenitsu chucked a pillow in his direction, "YOU—! SHUT UP—! YOU'RE NOT AS FUNNY AS YOU THINK YOU ARREE!" You laughed into your shoulder, "I mean.. that was pretty funny to me—!"

Zenitsu shot you a look of pure and utter betrayal, and before he could speak any more, you turned to Sōta, "Speaking of last mission.."

You awkwardly clapped your hands together, before swinging your arms by your side, "How are you after.. you know.. like.. towards the ennd—"

He let out a sigh, "You remember that? Did you.. even process what had happened?" You shrugged, taking a seat down at the foot of Eli's bed, where his unconscious figure laid, "Well, yeah. Is everything okay?"