Part 18

The week went by in a blur for Chan, Changbin, and Jisung as they prepared for their meeting with the JYP recruiter. They spent countless hours practicing their performance and perfecting their style, making sure they were fully prepared to impress. Finally, the day of the meeting arrived and the three of them stood nervously outside the JYP building, waiting for the recruiter to arrive.

Finally, the recruiter arrived and greeted the guys with a friendly smile. He led them into the building, speaking as he went.

"Today we have a closed audition for several teams," he explained. "I'll lead you to a waiting room where you'll be alone. Then I'll call you and we'll go to the practice room. There will be some experts and JYP himself. You'll need to perform in front of them, and they may ask you some questions afterward. You already sent me audio, and there will be three microphones. In total, it will take about one to two hours, including waiting time. Any questions?"

Chan's eyes widened in surprise. "Really? So JYP himself will be there? Oh my god!" he exclaimed.

The recruiter nodded. "Yes, he will be there. Actually, this is not a basic audition. We have a ranking system for trainers and we have ranked you as almost perfect candidates. Today's audition is specifically for this type of candidate," he explained.

Changbin asked, "What do you mean by 'perfect candidates'?"

The recruiter replied, "We have a ranking system for trainers, and based on your audio submission and initial screening, you all scored very high. This audition is specifically for top-ranking candidates like yourselves. It's a great opportunity."

Changbin and Jisung exchanged a look of excitement and nervousness. "So, what should we do now?" Changbin asked.

"Just follow me to the waiting room, and I'll call you when it's your turn," the recruiter said, leading them down the hallway.

Once they arrived at the waiting room, they took a seat and waited for their turn to perform. The room was silent, and their nerves began to kick in. They tried to calm themselves down by rehearsing their performance in their heads.

After what felt like hours, the recruiter finally called their names. They stood up, took a deep breath, and followed him to the practice room, where they were met by several experts and JYP himself.

The performance went smoothly, and they gave it their all. They could feel the energy in the room as they sang and danced, pouring their hearts out into the music.

After they finished, JYP and the experts huddled together, whispering and discussing their performance. The three of them exchanged nervous glances, hoping that they had done enough to impress them.

Finally, JYP turned to them with a smile and asked, "So, tell me a little bit about yourselves."

Chan replied, "I'm Chan, 20 years old. These are my teammates Changbin and Jisung, 19 and 18 respectively. We all attend the same school here in Seoul and our team is called 3racha. We write and produce our own music and upload it to our YouTube channel."

JYP said, "Nice to meet you all. So you guys are self-producing? Tell me more about that."

Chan said, "Yeah, we write and produce our own music. It's important to us to have creative control and put our own voices and experiences into our songs."

Changbin added, "We've been working on our music for two years now and we've built up a following online. We just had our first concert last week and it went really well."

Jisung said, "We're really passionate about what we do and we want to keep improving and growing as artists."

JYP nodded and said, "That's great to hear. I'm always impressed by young artists who are dedicated to their craft. Thank you for your time. The recruiter will contact you within a week and tell you the result of the audition."

The friends bowed and left.

When the door closed, JYP turned to his colleagues and said, "Well, today's audition was not in vain. These guys are definitely worth something. We need to start working on them. Do you agree?"

One expert exclaimed, "These will be the best rappers in JYP. I have to go and listen to all their tracks! I was waiting for them so long"

—————————

As they left the JYP building, the friends were buzzing with excitement after the audition.

Jisung spoke up, saying "I feel like we gave it our all, we really showed what we're capable of."

Changbin nodded in agreement and added "I don't have any regrets, we did our best."

Chan chimed in, saying "I couldn't agree more. Now all we can do is wait. In the meantime, let's take advantage of this break. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in almost a month."

Changbin agreed, "Yeah, we could all use a little break."