Mint's Other Side (Chapter 23)

Start from the beginning

"I should have gotten rid of you when I got the chance and you truly are the most useless person in our team (y/n)."
Mint's words cut deep and the wound caused by it was starting to bleed into my subconscious but there was no time to care for that right now.

It probably was just saying stuff that hurt due to its anger best for me was to not give it what it was trying to get, an emotional response.
Still its words 'I should have gotten rid of you' concerned me for obvious reasons.

"Whatever you say, cool down a bit now. Aren't you Mint? Like minty fresh, ice cold, cooler than a summer drink~"
I jocked feeling the tension loosening already as I saw Cotton shifting in position awkwardly.

Not sharing another word, Mint shot Cotton a dirty glare and stomped off into a different corner of the hideout. Meanwhile, the scammer didn't seem too bothered by the situation.

Unlike me it didn't look shocked by Mint's response, rather it looked satisfied with an obvious smile.

I scowled at this, it wasn't the right time to make such a fuss
"You poked your nose too far. We all know it doesn't like talking about its past."

"Right but aren't you curious? That suspicious stain on its face~ looks AwWwwfUuulllyyy like a scar or burn, why does it have it? You can't tell me it's just a discolouration I'm not dumb enough to believe that."
Cotton explained making me cross my arms uncomfortably I was curious too but it wasn't fair forcing it to talk about things that were possibly...traumatic.

"You're being an asshole Cotton-"
I pointed out but it talked over me

"Don't you ever wonder why it is doing all it does? Mint is such a suspicious individual and that's coming from me."

Cotton did have an eye for such things and I wasn't pleased with Mint's behaviour fully either but this still was the wrong approach.
"It is doing what it can for this plan to succeed similar to everyone in our crew. It's no wonder that it got angry when you put not only its but our hard work at risk."

The Mokke didn't cut in this time patiently waiting for me to fill the short silence I left.

"Overall I agree with you, taking risks is part of this whole plan. Mint is being overly controlling of the situation, perhaps paranoid that we'll mess up...I never noticed that there was so much tension between the two of you."

"It wasn't that obvious to me either, it only recently clicked for me after I tolled some soldiers to look for Bubble that Mint was really fed up with me.

And it annoyed me! Who does the Mokke think it is?!? It acts like it can boss around all of us, you are the leader of this group, remember? I don't give a SHIT wHAt MInT SaYs!"
Cotton lashed out

"I'll talk to Mint in a bit...perhaps I'll figure something out."
I said and Cotton nodded

"You do that after all I didn't mind Mint that much- only after it got all close up and p-personal it madeMeAngry!"
It squeaked Losing its composer a tiny bit

Suddenly we heard a small cough. Turning around we saw Ink slowly sitting up while holding its head.

At first, it looked drowsy but the second it saw us its eye widened in horror and tears slowly welled up before gushing down to no end.

Together we rushed over to the small fella but the second we wanted to tackle it in a relieved hug it scattered away from us, stumbling as it shook its head in complete panic.

"What have I done?"
Its voice trembled as more and more tears rolled down its terrified form.

My heart rang in my ears, my expression had long twisted into fear as I carefully asked
"What do you mean, ar-are you alright?"

"I- I didn't want to, I just, I'm sorry..."
It sniffled and then continued
"I was forced, NoW BuBble is In DaNGEr..also the Exorcist-FUcK"
It cursed before breaking into a fit of coughs as it curled in pain. Droplets of black splatters now leaked onto the cushion.

As the coughs died down it slowly turned to me, black ink running down its eye
"I really fucked up this time, shitShItSHIT!"

"You're leaking! Cotton get some tissues, please."
I instructed trying to calm the situation down

"On my way!"
Cotton replied as I crouched down in front of the scared Mokke

"Take a deep breath, you're with us now. Calmly explain what happened after you left to find Teru."

Ink curled its paws as it huffed for air, slowly its breathing found a rhythm.

It swallowed thickly, trembling as it tried to explain
"Teru was sitting in an empty classroom, stamping and signing some papers. Bubble and I observed from the hallway window when suddenly I felt a menacing presence behind me, Teru seemed to have noticed too as he suddenly stared at the window straight at me! I yelled in surprise while Bubble stayed calm trying to grab me and escape but whatever was behind me put its hands over my face and dragged me away.

It was Tsukassa, as he escaped with me. Through his fingers I could see how Bubble tried to run away but the Exorcist had entered the hallway and tied the Mokke up with his bracelet.

It all happened so quickly, as the Exorcist's dark eyes landed on me, Tsukassa and I disappeared. After th-that..."

Ink fell silent trying to hide its face behind its paws as more drops of water landed on the cushion.

Cotton finally arrived with the tissues and rubbed the black goo from its face, including the tears.

"So Bubble has been captured...fuck-"
I put a hand over my mouth my heart had fallen into despair, Teru now had leverage on us. We are set up to fail FUck!! fUck!

"Did Tsukasa-"
Cotton gulped before continuing
"Make you talk?"

Ink stayed silent as more tears spilt from its eyes. I took this as enough of an answer.

"Cotton get some rope."
A sudden voice cut into our conversation, it was Mint.

Calmly it jumped up the cushion the distressed Mokke was on. In its right paw, it casually held its closed pocket knife.

"Your awake~ Good that way you can tell me-"
Mint said calmly approaching Ink before it was just a centimetre away.

"How does it feel to be a traitor?"
It spoke as it clicked open its knife and placed it around Ink's throat.

"Eh?"
It yelped now, cowering under the others cold stare

"I'll make sure you pay for this~"
Mint's voice sounded delighted as if it was satisfied that it finally could smooth out this problem.

------A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE------
(AKA A AUTHORS NOTE)

Hoomans and Mokke, sadly I did not manage to take over my school and now they are forcing me to work ✨️MYsElF✨️ to the bone. *faints dramatically* There is no rebellion or hero that can save me.

In my life the evil has won and I must live with it so I'm afraid to announce I'm taking a short break of perhaps two weeks or so till my exams are over.

No, do not worry your little Mokke heart I'm not abandoning this story, I love it way too much and there is a lot I want to do with this. I also appreciate everyone who is fighting in our rebellion by being here, stay strong Soldiers!

I'll be BACK!