Makeup bag

Can be taken as platonic or romantic

Texas looked at the mirror.

She wanted to cry.

Everything was wrong and it felt like there was no way to fix it.

Her face was too square, it had too much facial hair, the features looked off.

Her breath felt shaky as water built up in her eyes.

She knew she was supposed to keep things together, she was Texas after all. Big, strong, manly Texas.

She hated that. She hated being perceived as a guy. She could just say that.

Though the south wasn't the most supportive and the only people who would be she had made an enemy out of.

She made herself an enemy to herself.

Her arms were shaking.

She hated them.

Too masculine.

Everything was falling apart.

Why couldn't her figure be feminine?

She felt herself drop to the floor. Letting out sobs that she tried to keep concealed.

A knock was at the door.

"Who is it?"

"California."

Texas if anyone would be willing to help Texas it would be California.

"Come in."

The west coast state looked around the room before entering the bathroom, to see the other on the floor.

"Tex— you good my guy?"

"No I'm not."

California sat down next to the other.

"What's the problem?"

"Everything. I look at the mirror and I see a guy, I hate it."

Californias facial expression changed.

"Texas... you're trans?"

"I think so? I don't know! I just don't like being a guy and I wanna be a girl."

"Well I accept you. You want help to se did I can try to make your face more feminine? Maybe try to help with some dysphoria?"

"Mhm"

"Let me go get my makeup bag."

California stood up and left the room, some chatter being heard from the halls.

California came back in, make-up bag in hand with some other supplies borrowed from Nevada.

"Ok so, stand up, wash your face, we want a clean base."

Texas followed all of California's instructions, no matter how stupid they seemed.

"Alright there. Do we like the look?"

Texas looked at the mirror, she looked completely unrecognizable. She didn't necessarily look very feminine, but she looked androgynous.

"It'll do. Thanks Cali."

"Hey girl it's fine."

"It feels weird to have you not call me dude—"

"You want me to call you dude or girl or something else?"

"I guess anything's fine."

"Alright you dumbfuck bitch let's go."

"Wait."

California was almost out the door.

"Yeah."

"Uhm— hug—?"

California laughed.

"Sure dude!"

California ran to the other and hugged her.

Texas couldn't help but smile.