Cloud 9 CA/TX

"California you're weird."

"Rude-?"

California looked at the state lying next to them. Florida.

"You and Texas claim to hate eachother but you don't actually huh?"

"Have you seen how we talk to each other?"

"Yeah."

Florida looked at California, who was staring out to the ocean.

"You're mean to everyone though! If anything, when you're mad at someone you're a lot nicer."

"Gotta try to keep things together? Your point?"

"You like Texas don't you!"

California's face went a bright red.

"Wha- I- no- I don't!"

"Are you sureee."

"Yes I'm sure!"

Florida had ambushed California. By pretending to be somewhat calm and collected he had coaxed the golden state into feeling comfortable talking with him.

"Even if I did, he probably wouldn't like me, so not catching feelings is the safest option."

"So if you knew Texas liked you, you'd reciprocate those feelings?"

"What! No! Florida you are kind of wrong and that's okay but please fix your mistakes."

California was clearly in disarray. Of course that won't stop florida. Florida barely gives up.

"Are you sure you don't have the slightest feelings for him?"

"I'm sure. What would even cause you to think that I mean I wouldn't date a southerner! The politics, the culture, all too different."

"We're friends!"

"Yeah but that's different Florida."

Eventually Florida gave up, and decided to head inside to California's Southern California house.

"Right before I go!"

California looked at Florida.

"There's a slight chance Texas may like you."

Than Florida left. Unable to see the flushed red face of the golden state.

She clenched onto the sand below them.

"He's just... joking right."

California had lied to Florida. In reality California liked Texas, maybe a bit too much.

"Yeah if we were texting he would've said /j."

California felt dumb. They threw themselves down at the sand, covering his face. Letting out a loud sigh followed by a small laugh.

"If only he was serious."

California felt a smile crawl through her face. The thought of Texas liking them made him feel like she was on cloud 9.

Well, they were on cloud 9.