V

"Claire." Ryan spat, as he moved away from me.

"How have you been, Ryan? I missed you." She purred.

"Shut up. Who let you inside my property?"

"Well, unlike you, your security guard is very polite." She smirked.

"Jace!" He shouted. The security guard came running.

"Y-yes sir?" He was scared.

"Give me a good explanation as to why this woman was let in." He said through gritted teeth.

"She said that she was your business partner-"

"My business partner? Since you're new, let me tell you something very important," he held Jace by the collar. "If you let this woman in, ever again, I will make sure that you remain unemployed for the rest of your life. Do you understand, Jace?"

"Y-yes sir. I'm sorry." Jace said and left.

"So you're his new secretary?" Claire smirked.

"Claire, don't." Ryan said.

"Let me warn you. Don't fall for his charms, because all that he's gonna do is rip your heart apart and not give a fuck."

"Chloe, go home. I'll see you at the conference tomorrow."

"Oh darlin', don't send her. She needs to know about how romantic you can get." She purred.

"Claire, out. Get out of here before I call the guards."

"I'll see you soon, Ryan. And you too , Chloe." She smirked and left. What just happened?

"This kiss should not be spoken about ever again, understood?" He said sternly.

"Excuse me?"

"That kiss meant nothing. Get that into your head, or else you're fired."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Now go home. It's late. Tomorrow eight o'clock sharp at The Hilton's." He said.

I rolled my eyes. I sat in the car and slammed the door shut. Bloody bipolar jerk.

...

"Mark, arrange the chairs, quick. Sam, I need the brunch to be served exactly at eleven. Don't keep the lighting too bright." I went, shouting around and getting everything done properly.

"Chloe." I heard a familiar voice.

"Yes, Mr. Anderson?"

"I--"

"I have got all things arranged for you, sir. The guests will be arriving in around ten minutes."

"I have to tell you some--"

"Yes, the brunch will be served in time. Your conference table is ready with the projector."

"God, will you listen to what I have to say?" He growled.

"Claire is coming." He said.

"Great. Anything special to be done for your guest, sir?"

"Will you stop calling me sir?" He hissed.

"You're my boss. I think it's inappropriate to call you using your first name."

Before he could say anything, the guests started entering. He went to welcome them, while I was checking if everything was in order.

Soon, everybody was seated, including Claire. My eyes widened when I saw that same middle aged guy from Foster's inc. Shit.

"So, as you all know, I'm here to represent Anderson Enterprises Inc. This conference is to basically show all of you how this company has evolved during these years, and how it can expand if we make partnerships." Ryan started. He went through the presentation like he did yesterday. As much as I hate to admit it, his work was completely flawless.

By the time the conference got over, it was eleven, and many of the guests were taking their food. Ryan was busy talking to someone.

I went to check the buffet when someone grabbed my arm.

"Good to see you again, darlin'." Mr. Foster.

"You seem to be working very hard. I can take a room for today in this hotel so that you and I can relax." He muttered.

"Leave me alone." I said, trying to get out of his grip.

"I know you want it." He smirked.

"When she tells you to leave her alone, you should." I saw Ryan, and I was relieved.

"Oh, Ryan. That presentation you did there was amazing." Mr.Foster smirked.

"Listen, you piece of shit. Get this into your brain. One, you can't call me Ryan, because, well, I run a company which makes much more money than you could even dream to earn. Two, if I see you near her, or my company, I will make your life living hell. I've known you for long. You're a bloody perverted asshole. Trust me, I will kill you if you try anything." Ryan said lowly.

"Kids nowadays, I tell you." Mr. Foster grinned.

"Will you leave my arm?" I asked through gritted teeth.

He didn't let go, and simply smiled.

"Anderson, do you have any idea about her previous job? About how she was kicked out?"

"That is none of your business. Listen Foster, I will not create a scene here. You have a minute to get out of here, or I call security." Ryan said simply.

"Go ahead, son."

He took out his phone and dialled a number.

"Jace, bring around five to six guards along with you and come into the banquet hall right now." He said and hung up. He came forward and pulled that old man's grip from my hand.

Jace came soon along with huge guards.

"Kick him out." Ryan said, pointing towards Foster.

"You can't do that!" The old man screamed. Before he could say snything else, he was dragged out.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Does it look like I am?" I snapped.

"Calm down. If it wasn't for me, you would--"

"Just shut up, okay?! I'm done with you trying to control me, my life and everything else. I get that you can control my professional life, but not this, alright? You thought that if you weren't here, he would've done something? C'mon, you know that there are around hundred people who could have helped me here. You know what? If you want to fire me, go ahead. I'd rather stay unemployed, than have you taking me for granted all the time. The world does not revolve around you." I wiped away the tears that were falling freely. I ran out of the banquet hall, and got into my car and left. Little did he know about what Jacob had done to me.