I don't even notice that we're now seeing Cuchillios. Though she very clearly notices my being distracted before she does anything else.

"Spooky. I feel offended." I look at her instantly "you never stare at me like that." Ew. I clear my throat and fix my posture. I feel the chick tense under Cuchillios's gaze. I wasn't entirely terrified of Cuchillios but I did owe her respect and that I was sure of. Just like I want the people working under my command to feel towards me. Respect goes a lot farther than fear does. You can be afraid of someone and grow out of that fear. But respect is respect. It's a boundary and not something you're constantly trying to fight and outgrow.

But anyone outside of my gang and family? Hell yeah they should be scared. I'm called spooky and it ain't for nothing.

She signaled for both of us to take a seat.
"How are you Aurora." She knows her. I mean, of course she does. But she knows her.

—-
Aurora
—-

Spooky? First Cuchillios now spooky? What kind of gang is this.

I am so bored now. This is so boring. I wanna sleep. I'm sleepy. I haven't slept in such a long time it feels like forever. I haven't taken my pills too, doesn't help at all.

I'm so sleepy I can sleep two days in a rows. If only I can sleep right now... if only I can let my eyes close and sleep-
"How are you Aurora." I'm Aurora. Shit.
"I'm wonderful." My voice appeared weak. God I need to wake up. I look around.
1, 2, 3, 4...
Counting helps me focus.

"Wonderful? Your mother just died." I can feel that spooky guy shooting a stare at me. Ok maybe I should've appeared softer, but my head is so heavy and I just wanna sleep right now.
Maria's death doesn't mean shit.

I hold my head up. Ignoring his stare and looking directly at Cuchillios instead. She looked old, not so much older than Maria though. She wore a wholly white outfit and her hair was down. She was wearing shades though we were inside, when it was dark. so I don't know what that means.

I see how some would think of her as intimidating. I, however? Think she's a tad ugly.

"I hate chocolate ice cream." She smiles hearing my answer. I think that was a sarcastic enough response. I reach to the table to grab the only remaining cup on the tray. The other two were resting in both his and her hands. There were atleast three armed guys in every direction. All in black.

I chug down the whisky.

"What can I do for you, Aurora." She sounds more interested than ever. Certainly more than she was on the phone.

"Host me? They'll come after me you know it. I want money and protection." I was serious. And she listened carefully.

"And why would I do that?" Her smile the only thing not vague in her voice.

33, 34, 35, 37...

"Because I'm your sister's daughter." I heard the guy choke on air. I look in his direction. Why was he even here still?

"I trust spooky." He looks at me, I look at her. "And if you want money then you have to work for it." Work? I don't have time for this. I should put all my focus on grabbing any cash that she has to offer and finding another safe place I can spend the night at. That is of course because I've lost hope -after having met her- in her letting me stay the night over at her place.

"I say no." I put the cup down and reach for my phone. I feel the spooky guy freeze next to me. I glance at Cuchillios, it looked like she was fine with letting me go. I have no other option but to call dad.
I stand up, my phone rings.

"qué!?" I scream in the phone. I can hear Cuchillios laugh behind me.
That was unnecessary of me. But I am frustrated.

"Lo siento pero I was calling to tell you that you really shouldn't come back here. Don't leave California for the time being. Not under any circumstance." I look at the caller ID. Marco that fucker.

"What happened" I try to keep my temper down.

"The police raided our base and we're left with nothing. They even reached Miguel. He's... he's dead too. I'm really sorry Aurora I really don't know what to say" fuck. He kept on talking but I hung up on him.

I look back at them.

"Fine. bring it on."