The teacher came up to us and started talking. "First of all, welcome, I'm sure this term will be great. I'm a sports and swimming teacher Zee Pruk, I'm new to this school, I hope we get along well. Now let's get to know you, we are in a mixed class because it is an elective course, so I would appreciate if you could tell me your age."

Everyone was listening to the teacher with great attention, of course, everyone's attention was attracted to his handsomeness.

The student on the right started to introduce himself but I couldn't focus on what he was saying because the smell of the pool on the field was already starting to fill my lungs, which was not good, my body realized that I was near the water, even if I tried to distance myself from this truth, I couldn't help it and starting to get scared.

Another student started talking, I was feeling very nauseous, I started to tighten my legs, but my breathing seemed to be difficult.

My eyes went to the gently rippling water of the pool. I wasn't fine, I wasn't fine...

Flashback

I was building a sand castle with my mother on the beach, the weather was beautiful, it was a wonderful summer day.

"What a beautiful castle you've built even though you're only 6, NuNew, my little boy." My mother hugged me.

I smiled, I loved the beach and the sea. "But mom, why dad didn't came too, make him play with me..."

"But look how well your father is swimming." I looked where my mother was pointing, my father had swam almost to the middle of the sea, barely visible.

I spoke with my mouth open. "Yeah, how far he's gone mommy!"

At that moment, the whistle of the stuff standing in the observation tower was heard. "Mom what's that sound?"

At the time, I didn't know what that sound meant.

"NuNew, take my hand!" My mother gasped, I heard a few shouts, as I grabbed my mother's hand and ran, I looked back at my father, my father not visible.

Where was my father?

Everyone started running as a big wave was coming towards us, I didn't understand what was happening, I was only 6 years old, how could I understand?

It was a huge wave.
Then the other one, and the other...

Waves that took my father from me...

My mother and I had survived, but my father had drowned.

That's why I didn't like the sea anymore, that's why I hated swimming.

They all reminded me of my father, all of them when the water took him from me.

Back to Day

Now I was attending a class where I had to get in the water and swim.

It was the turn of the other student, but I couldn't follow what was said, my nausea was at the highest level, I raised my other hand while covering my mouth with one hand.

When the teacher noticed me, I asked permission by pointing towards my stomach. I was afraid to even speak, because I didn't want to throw up in public.

As soon as the teacher understood what I meant, he nodded, and while the students were continuing their conversation, I got up from my seat and ran to the bathroom.

I came to myself when I splashed cold water on my face. My nausea seemed to have eased.

I was not afraid to drink water or wash myself with water as the feeling of swimming in water scared me. This was a very strange thing.

While I was trying to calm down by looking at myself in the mirror, one of the students from the class entered. "Hi, are you okay? The teacher sent me to take care of you. Do you want something?"

"Thank you, I seem fine now."

The student handed me one of the dry napkins in the corner, and the bell rang as I dried my face and hands. We came out of the toilet with the boy who came next to me, and as he left the pool area, I approached the audience seats where I was sitting before to get my bag.

There were no students, just me and him.

The teacher was checking the list on the other side, I took my bag and went to him, he looked up at me.

He looked more attractive up close, with rough features and a smooth face, but his expressions softened as he spoke.

"Oh, hello, you were the student going to the toilet, right, how are you, are you better?"
He studied the list in his hand. "Your name, I suppose... NuNew Chawarin. Isn't it?"

"Yes sir, I'm fine now, thanks. I didn't take this course willingly. I don't know how to swim anyway."

It must have taken him by surprise that I got straight to the point, for he looked at my face for a while. "I'm here to teach."

He smiled, but my face was not smiling, my reluctance was reflected in my expressions from the beginning of the lesson. "I don't want to learn, I can't change the lesson from the system, so if you let me, will it be a problem if I sit in the audience seats?"

"I understand, you may not be interested, but if you study for the theoretical exams I will do, maybe you want to swim, so don't think that you will fail the class."

I had no idea why he was so understanding, because I was nervous because he was responding very gently to my direct words, which made me even more nervous.

Fortunately, he respected my opinion, that was enough for me.

I thanked the teacher and walked away, I forgot my jacket in the audience seats, went there again and took my jacket, the door of the field opened, Nat entered.

"Buddy!" As he was about to come near me, teacher Zee called out to him. "Umm, student! Can you take a look?"

As Nat walked towards me, he changed his direction and ran to the teacher.

Zee teacher took out a piece of paper from his file. "Can you forward this list to Max teacher, he should sign it. By the way, what was your name?"

This was exactly what Nat wanted, Max liked the teacher very much, he found a good excuse to go to him.

"My name is Nat teacher. Of course I will."

Nat took the list and happily ran towards me. "Let's go mate!"