Chapter 2

A few months later, Sal's still waiting for her to call/text him. She doesn't even answer the door when Sal goes over to talk to her. "She hasn't called yet. She won't even text me back." a worried Sal tells Beth. "Maybe she'll talk to me. I'll go over & talk to her." Beth suggests & leaves. A few hrs. later, "Sal, she's just too depressed. She says that she can't be with u. She feels that kids complete a family & without any, there's no point in being married!" Beth explains. "That's ridiculous! I don't want our marriage to end! What now?" Sal asks. "U might receive divorce papers in a few weeks if she doesn't change her mind about this 'having-kids' thing! I hope she changes her mind, I really do!" Beth hopes. The next day, the Jokers head to Texas for a live performance. "I wish we didn't have to come here. Texas reminds me of her. Alex is from Texas, u know?" Sal sulks & sips his fourteenth beer. "Stop worrying about her! There's plenty of girls here too, Sally boy!" Q winks. "That's comforting!" Sal replies, sarcastically. "No more raiding the mini- bar, Sal! Let's go out & listen to some sweet country music!" Joe grabs his jacket. They head to a pub, where a drunk Sal meets a pretty cowgirl named Red Silverstone & hits it off with her. They're soon making out!