chapter 10. The vision after the last one

Start from the beginning

Then, at the next moment, the scared woman lay in bed with people surrounding her, and on her right side, the small girl was sleeping. The woman had a huge spot on her stomach that seemed like blood through the green images.

They needed a few seconds to realize that the people surrounding her were them. Camilo, Antonio, Araya, Luisa, and Isabela, to be specific, and a short man with a taller teen girl, who they couldn't recognize but who looked identical to the woman. This scared the siblings for a second.

Then there she was once again, now totally fine, standing in a crowd.

- It's out of order! I have no clue about the right order! – Bruno added to the seen pictures, himself also confused.

The woman put on a skull mask and ran into a circle of people dancing. They all had skull masks or makeup and wore their best dresses. Some were ones they recognized as Colombian dresses; some were just similar but still different; and there were some totally different dresses as well.

Then she took off with one of the ladies, who was way sorter than her. It was the same short woman from before, the one that saved her.

A girl in her early teens, wearing a similar mask, ran to hug them with a smaller girl, and they were suddenly surrounded by other people as well, also wearing skull masks. They started hugging the short woman and the two girls.

All of a sudden, a statue of a woman holding a sword was visible in the background.

- I KNOW THIS PLACE! I KNOW THIS PLACE! MIRABEL MUST BE THERE! – Bruno cheerd.

Suddenly, they were in the middle of Casita. At least they thought it must be Casita. It was a bit different, though. They were shocked for a second. They didn't expect this. It seemed like a ceremony.

Two girls were walking across the hall, watched by the whole Encanto. But one of them wasn't five. She was at least ten years old, if not more. They were probably the same girls who were hugging the women, coming from their hair texture and style.

At first, they thought the older one might be in a similar situation as Mirabel was with Antonio, but as they looked, they realized that the older girl wears a traditional ceremony gown too.

As one of them reached for the doorknob, in real time Abuela got close to Antonio's door.

- STOP! – Dolores yelled, scaring Bruno, who acidentally ended the vision.

- Dolores! This might be the only way we could know! – Camilo screamed at his hermana, angrily.

- Quick! It's Abuela! She's in front of the door!

At this moment, everyone had a smaller heart attack. Before they realized it, she knocked on the door. Luckily, Bruno was fast enough and hid behind one of the bigger branches of a tree.

- Thank goodness you are here. What were you four doing? – Abuela asked. She was visibly angry at them.

- Nothing! – they all yelled in sink.

It doesn't matter; you will miss diner! And please, if Araya comes over next time, just tell Julieta so she can prepare a bit more food. – and with that, she left the room in a hurry, leaving her grandkids to breathe.

- That was close. – Camilo stated.

- Yeah, way too close. – Bruno stated, leaving his hideout. He held up the emerald plate, trying to see what it shows – No! No! Hell no! Why? I give in only once, and this has to happen?

- What is it? – Camilo asked, seeing his tío freaking out.

- It's only a part of the vision. – he answered.

The plate's upper and right part was completely missing, and the existing part had holes in it. The only clear thing was the girl's face.

She was the older girl in the vision. She had two identical birthmarks under both of her eyes, her wavy hair formed such fluff that her pigtails were almost bigger than her whole head, and she looked exactly like the woman with the scars, except for the scars, of course.

She was standing in front of the door that had just appeared. They realized it was the traditional picture they always took after a ceremony. She stood in such a way that on the picture, only her face was visible on the door; her gift was not.

It was a mystery why two people, obviously not twins, would have the same ceremony. An even bigger mystery: why would a seemingly thirteen-year-old Madrigal's door appear this late?

- But... It's not Abuela. – Dolores stated, looking at the left side of the vision.

The face of the woman holding the candle was completely missing. The only obvious thing was that she is a young woman, way younger than Abuela. It was most noticeable at her hands, holding the girl's shoulder and the candle.