I placed my hand over my phone as my index finger hovered over the power button as I pressed it. The battery read 76%... not bad, not bad at all. In fact, it was practically perfect. After all, my phone was hardly ever charged. It was either always dead or always on the brink of death. Never in-between fully charged or hardly charged.

My hand then moved to the drawer handle, which I pulled open carefully, just in case I'd break the handle. My hand was now desperately fishing for my mascara and eyelash curler.

Doing my eyelashes was always a must in the morning - or during the day. I'd never feel "complete" without having them curled and coated in mascara. As bad as it sounds, I'd hardly ever feel confident without it if I'm being honest.

Aha, there it is. My hand grasped the mascara bottle and my eyelash curler as I let out a sigh of relief. I closed the bedside drawer with my knee as I made my way back over to the mirror, slightly leaning over as I carefully did my lashes. The last thing I wanted right now was for mascara to be smudged across my face, of course.

"Eres hermosa." I stated to myself full of pride in the mirror, a jawdropping face looking back at me. I had somehow been confident enough at the time to even throw myself a wink. Giving an affirmation of any kind towards myself nearly every morning that I could helped me a lot, surprisingly. I'm not sure how, but it always gave me a boost throughout the day on the same days that I had done so.

I stood upright upon finishing my affirmation and checked myself out from all angles possible for a minute or two, making sure that I was most definitely happy with how I'd turn up to my first day of work.

I'll not lie to you, I was extremely nervous. This was my first real job since completing my further years in school. As a real job, I'm no longer working for a place outside of any kind of business inside of the family tree.

Although, I must admit. I look good.

Looking good on the first day at work was definitely a bonus. I mean, you never know who you might see. Whether it be an old friend or someone who's generally gorgeous.

"Are you re-" Sofia peeked her head around the door that she had just opened as her jaw dropped, possibly even dislocating. "You look amazing!" She gushed, a large grin pulling at the corners of her lips.

My head, followed by my body, quickly turned towards the direction of her voice. "Thank you." I replied with a very slight curtsey, my own smile and dimples immediately becoming visible to the eye at her compliment.

She didn't reply after that, all she did was wink and tap on the door with her nail before her head disappeared behind yet again. I think she forgot what she'd planned to ask me. I'm assuming - since she forgot - it wasn't anything all that important anyways.

I then grabbed my phone off of the bedside drawers. Doing so before sitting myself down comfortably on the bed, scrolling through some of my overnight notifications.

I had a few new Instagram followers, interestingly enough. Although, I didn't know any of their faces from anywhere. Most of the followers were older men who didn't seem like it was for very... what's the word again? I believe it may be "friendly" reasons.

Sofia's head popped through the tiny gap in between the door and the doorframe yet again. "I just remembered what I was saying. It's time to go. The boss wants us there to give us training before opening time." She said with both of her eyebrows raised, her right hand opening the door fully. At least now I could see more than just her head.

"Mhm, I'll be out now." I nodded to which she nodded back with a smile, making her way into the living room. The moment she turned her back, I sat up within seconds, grabbing my black handbag as I stuffed things that I'd need for the day in there.

The sort of things that I'd need was: my phone, charger; house keys; vaseline, eyelash curler and mascara. Well, none of the above was all that "necessary" it was more of a want for each item. For example, it's not like I'd need my eyelash curler and mascara, considering they've already been done.

I put my handbag over my shoulder, looking around briefly to ensure that I wasn't forgetting anything important. Once I was satisfied, I left my bedroom and closed the door behind me. Only being able to wonder or ponder what kind of day lay ahead of me.

( A/N )

First chapter ✅️
Second chapter 🔜

I hope you enjoyed, make sure to stay tuned for the next chapter/updates!!

This book is in honor of Ale himself viewing my Instagram story.

1469 words.

!! NOT PROOF READ !!