The Curses Blessing

I screamed as he approached me, with such lust in his eyes that I felt the bile rising up in my throat. I ran into my chamber and locked the door. I heard his dark chuckle as he unlocked the door, how I did not know. He slowly opened my door and pushed me against the wall. I closed my eyes, when suddenly he was gone. I slid down the wall trying to stable my breathing. You see, I was Maria, the third daughter of the Tzar of Russia. My sisters Olga, Tatiana, Anastasia and myself were all terrified by Rasputin. He was the man that took care of my brother, I believe was a demon. He had my mother wrapped around his finger and she defended him no matter what he did. I was 14, and thought the prettiest of all my sisters, therefore was the most targeted by him. My mother would hear nothing of it, and her normal gentleness would shatter at any criticism of Rasputin and would yell and scream until they were dropped. My thoughts were interrupted by Leonid, a servant in our house but one that I had always had loved. He hugged me and kissed my cheek, calming my down. No one knew of our relationship and I planned to keep it that way seeing as once, when my mother suspected I was even just friends with him she said I would be disowned if I was ever caught with him. My mother stood in the door way, a look that could kill on her face. “Out Maria! Out!” I looked at her, I never thought she really would disown me if we were caught, I just assumed she would be VERY VERY angry, but not follow through with here threat. Yet I was wrong. Very wrong.

     I stood in front of my mother and father. They decided to spare me the humiliation of publicly announcing me being disowned, and instead finding a girl that looked like me, and taking her in my place. They would say I had a fever, and not show ‘me’ to the public until they had forgotten a bit of what I looked like. Then they would say the girl that they had found was actually me. She would get the life of a Duchess and I would be shipped off to a poor family in need of a girl to help around the house. Leonid was needless to say fired, and was not spared any of his humiliation. The only one other then my family and Leonid that new what was to befall of me was Rasputin, and that was what scared me most.  

Ello and thank you for reading! Please let me know what you think of my story and if I should even continue it. Thanks!

Angela