9 - Beyond the Wilds

I was invited to a world leaders meeting alongside Lin. I thought that Korra would be invited to but instead we got the prostitute. Mako just kinda waited in the corner for this to be over with .

"I say we deal with this Kuvira situation immediately." President Raiko said, commencing the meeting.

"Yes! Agreed! And I know just how to get rid of her: we tell her she won an all-expense paid vacation to a tropical island. Then, when she gets there, we reveal that it was a trap. The island's a prison! Boom! Got her!" We all looked at him with disappointed looks. "Or, okay, uh, I'm just spitballing here. We march in with an army of highly trained badgermoles!" I rolled my eyes as no one replied to him. "Do we know if Kuvira has any allergies?"

"Look, I think we all know what has to be done. We have to take the fight to her." Raiko commands.

"I don't believe attacking is the right move, since she hasn't done anything aggressive toward the United Republic." Tenzin rebuted, stroking his beard.

"Not yet. But Kuvira can't be trusted. She told us that she was going to turn over power and she didn't. I'm with Raiko. I say we go on the offensive and start by retaking Zaofu." Lin agreed with the president as Korra and Opal barged in.

"President Raiko, I'm sorry to interrupt, but ..." She stopped when she saw the meeting going on. "What's going on here?"

"Oh, hey, Avatar Korra. Just kickin' it world leader-style, trying to figure out what to do about Kuvira. For the record, I told Raiko he should've invited you." Wu leaned over his chair and I was just waiting for him to fall backwards.

"Shut up, slut." I told him as Lin elbowed me. "Ow..."

"You invited him but not me?" Everyone just looked at her whilst my gaze was darting towards all the world leaders. 

"Please, Korra, it's not personal. We just thought, perhaps we called you back into action a little too soon."

"Again, him but not me?"

Raiko stood up and I mumbled under my breath,

"Here we go again." Which earned me another elbow from Lin.

"Korra, we're in the middle of a meeting and we can't have people just barge in whenever they want!"

The doors swung open once again and Bolin and Varrick ran in looking pretty beat up.

"Guys! Oh, perfect! You're all here."

We made eye contact for a second.

"Hi..." He said.

"Hi." I replied, averting my gaze.

"What are you doing here?! Guards, remove these traitors!" 

Guards grabbed onto the two of them as they tried to wrestle free.

"No! We escaped Kuvira's army! We're back on your side now! We have top secret information for you!" Bolin yelled as the guards let him and Varrick go. "Listen to me. Kuvira's making this thing that goes..." He just started making some strange noises. "I don't know how it works, but it has this..." Insert more strange noises.

"t's a super weapon! Like a regular weapon, only super." Varrick butt in.

"And let me guess: it has something to do with spirit vines." Korra said.

"Yes! How did you know?"

"I saw a vision of her taking spirit vines from the swamp."

"If she figures out how to harness their power, we are all doomed."