ch. 1 | back from the dead

Joe is walking through the streets of NYC on his way home from work

Life has never been better. I'm myself again, back where I want to be. I finally got to the good place. It took a lot to get here but It was always going to end up this way. Completely accepting of myself and more successful than ever.

He walked through the door to see Rhys sitting at the table.

Okay, maybe not everything is back to normal.

"Hello Joe" "Hey" Joe said walking towards him. "I missed you" Just then Kate came through the door. He quickly turned around. "Hi, how was your day?" He said embracing her. "Fine. Just people being annoying per usual. I'm gonna go shower." He kissed her. "See you later."

But I don't want Kate. The person I truly want is you.

Joe had still been obsessed with Rhys deep down this whole time but he knew it was irrational, it could go nowhere. He had feelings for the hallucination because he would have moments where he'd forget it was him and be seeing the man he was in love with back in London.

____________________

Nadia hated her life. She gave up on the idea of getting out a long time ago. It's why she never said anything. She wished she'd backed off after setting Marienne free. She blamed herself for Edwards death. Her mom was visiting her today, so at least she had that to look forward to.

"Hi, Nadia." She picked up the phone. "How are things?" Nadia awkwardly asked. "Obviously not great, but your family and I are working everyday to hunt down whoever did this to you and Edward." "No! Look what happened to Edward when he got involved. It's too dangerous. The minute he knows you know, he'll kill you. Besides, I thought I could trust you and that you believed me when I explained why you can't go after him." "I do but we can go about it safely-" "No, you can't. Just please promise me you'll leave it alone" "Okay."

______________________

Hey, you. It's been a while. That's right, it's me. The one and only Love. I'm back. But I was never gone to begin with.

I guess I should start from the beginning.

It took everything in me to look completely dead when Joe dragged me across the floor. I can't believe he actually thinks he's smarter than me. I really tried to look shocked that he'd taken the adrenaline, when I'd done the same. I was dying laughing inside as he baked his toe into a pie. The minute the house went up in flames he was out the front door, I was out the back. And we've yet to cross paths again since, that is until now.

Thing is, I've been planning this for a long time. The demise of Joe. He's done far worse than me. He's a massive hypocrite as well as a serial killer who puts anyone in his life in danger. He needs to be stopped.

When I left Madre Linda I was scared and unsure of where to go. Needing to lay low so my family didn't find out I'm alive. I ended up going to Canada. It seemed like a safe bet. Far enough away from Joe, since he was in Europe and all, and somewhere I could just be for a while to get my shit together.

But everything changed once I met Blake.

Little did I know when all I was trying to do was escape, that I'd end up meeting my best friend.

I met her at a thrift shop and life was never the same after that. I was given the chance to start fresh with a new friend who knew nothing about me.

Just having one person who knew I existed me feel happiness against for the first time in a while.

We both love cooking and we have wine nights where we stay up and try making new dishes together. We always have the best time. Which is why when it was finally time to put my plan into action, I knew she had to come.

I didn't have to say much about why I wanted us to move to New York together before she jolted with excitement at the mention. "New York? Let me start packing my things." Blake is a free spirit who likes to take risks and not worry so much. Love admired that about her. Wished she could be a little more like that herself.

There they were, in their new flat getting everything unpacked. "I'm so excited!" Blake said. "So am I, this is gonna be unreal. And I'm so happy to be here with you." "Me too, Love" she said giving her a hug.

Once everything was unpacked they wanted to go out for a bit. "Hey this bookstore looks pretty cute, Mooneys." "Uh, uh" Love tried to sound calm. "I've heard bad things about that one. Not really interested in going. Let's check out another one?" "Alright let's go."