𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 | How she straddled him

Start from the beginning

"So, I'm just a bit confused."

"About?"

"When that all took place?"

"20th birthday. Late evening."

"Oh, you remember the time frame exactly?"

"Yeah," she shrugged, "It's kinda hard to forget since that was the last time I saw him."

Isagi looked away, he was trying to recall that day, playing everything he could remember in his head, frame by frame.

He tried to remember a moment where he wasn't by her side, a moment where she could've had time to meet with Kaiser, nearly sleep with him, and find herself catching feelings for him.

The princess could see Isagi's facial expression, she knew exactly what he was thinking about.

"You were talking to some guests, and he had pulled me to the side." She said to him, answering most of his questions.

"I-, I was?"

"Yeah. That one," the princess looked to the side, "brown haired girl- y'know the one with the "pretty green eyes"?"

"Oh! Rashia?"

"Yes. Her." Y/N could feel the slightest twitch in her upper lip at the thought of the girl.

Of all people she's ever met, Rashia has to be the most annoying woman she's ever encountered in her life. Sure, she was really pretty, but that was just on the surface. Everyone else really adores her and respects her as another princess, but Y/N could only recall her as conniving and extremely judgmental.

The two of them never got along, even though the princess tried her best to do so.

"Ohh, yeah, I remember now." Isagi smiled to himself.

The princess cut her eye at him for just a moment before returning her gaze back outside through the carriage window.

The remainder of the ride was in silence.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Once again, due to the setting of the sun, they stopped at yet another hotel where she and Isagi once again shared a room.

The two were both lost in their own thoughts for almost the entire night before they went to sleep. They barley said anything to each other for almost thirty minutes after they got there.

This was until, the princess began picking out what she would be wearing the next day.

The dress was a baby pink, stopping just before her knees, with a bow in the center of her chest.

As usual, she twirled around in the dress before looking to Isagi for his opinion, since, her ladies in waiting weren't there.

"Thoughts?"

"It's..." Isagi started as he watched her twirl with the smallest smile on his face before he really studied the dress.

"Short?" He finished, his eyes glued to her exposed legs that was usually covered by the lengthier dress she often wore.