sick ponyboy pt. 2

(plus a little bit of pj+j content cus i felt like it so deal with it)

Pony pov.

I rinsed the cup in the bathroom sink and went back to my room. I laid in my bed and closed my eyes, my headache pounding against the inside of my head. I groaned, twisted and turned in my bed. It was too hot under the covers but too cold on top of them. I was so uncomfortable but i couldn't do anything and all it did was frustrate me. i felt tears prick the corners of my eyes.  Everything is uncomfortable but i can't fix it. 

I threw off my covers and flipped my pillow. This is so annoying and overwhelming. I tear up, but pull myself out of my bed to get some medicine. I got to the bathroom, stumbling, but i got there. I drank some medicine, grimacing as i did, and hurried back to my room. I slept pretty quickly after that. 

I woke up a few hours later when Soda shook me awake. I was soaked in sweat and everything hurt. I groaned as i sat up quickly. "Woah Pone, calm down honey. You're definitely sick. I just need you to drink some water and change your shirt while i change the sheets ok? Can you do that for me honey?"  I stood up slowly and pulled my shirt over my head.  I went to get some water while Soda changed the sheets for me. I walked into the kitchen where mostly everyone was hanging out. 

"Hey guys" I muttered as i grabbed the glass. "Ponyboy! Go put a shirt on there are ladies present!" Darry scolded. "pOnYbOyu gO pUt A sHirT oN-" I mocked him. I filled my glass with ice and water. "Ponyboy Micheal Curtis! Do not speak to me that way!" He stood from his seat at the dining table. "Leave me alone i'm going back to sleep" I walked away with my cup. I heard him scolding me but i was too tired and hot to care about anything he was saying. I dragged myself back to my room hoping to sleep through the night. 

"Hey Pone, i got the bed changed and ready so let me get you some medicine so you can go back to sleep. Ok buddy?" Soda asked as i took a seat on the bed. "Mhm" I was pretty groggy still so i didn't speak much and gave a simple answer. "Alright" He ran and got me some medicine from the bathroom. He gave me a spoonful and helped me lay down again. "Get some sleep honey, rest is the best thing you can do right now" Soda kissed my forehead, and i slipped to sleep as the door closed behind him. 

Sodapop pov.

I walked through the house and started the sweat soaked sheets in the wash before heading back to the kitchen. I grabbed a beer and hopped on the counter. "Hey Soda, where'd ya go?" Steve asked as he leaned on the counter next to me. "Hm? Oh, I checked on Ponyboy and gave him some medicine. You know how it is when he's sick. Stubborn and sweats buckets in his sleep. It was pretty bad this time. But nothing a few days of rest can't fix" I gave him a smile. "Damn, so that's why he wasn't wearing a shirt" Steve said rhetorically. "Oh shit, i forgot to give him a new shirt- meh it's ok, a little less heat could be good for him" I snapped as i spoke. 

We started to talk about random things for a few hours. We just hung out, talking, drinking some beers, and watching tv. I heard me and Pony's room open, quickly followed by the bathroom door flinging open. Two-bit turned down the television and we heard the poor kid vomiting. Dallas and Venus scrunched up their noses in disgust. Kelsey stood up and walked to the bathroom with me two steps behind her.  We got to the bathroom where Ponyboy was bent over the toilet, retching and holding his abdomen. I sat next to him on his right and Kelsey was on the left. She gingerly held her hand against his forehead before scooping his hair away from his face, whilst simultaneously rubbing light circle on his back. 

Kelsey always was pretty good at comforting others, not many of our strong suits. "Hey Ponyboy.. i know it hurts but you know it's better than dry heaving.. it'll be over soon. I know you'll feel better afterwards i promise sweetheart" Kelsey spoke softly and close to him so he could hear her through his sobs. "Let it all out honey" I said as i put my hand on his shoulder. Darry stood in the doorway with a worried expression with Venus peeking around his arms, only her worried eyes visible. Kelsey kissed Pony's temple as he had stopped heaving and was sniffling. 

We helped him clean up his mouth, washing it out and such. I offered to help him back to bed but he refused. 

Kelsey pov.

Ponyboy followed close behind me as we went into the living room. I sat on the floor next to Steve, Soda sitting next to me, while Ponyboy sat on the couch with Johnny and Venus. "Hey.. are you feeling ok? Do you need a drink? Or a cough drop? I could get you a cough candy if you want one" Venus offered as she began to worry and ask a bunch of questions. "I'm ok" Pony answered quietly. He yawned and laid his head on Johnny's shoulder. Johnny brought his hand up  and started to play with Pony's hair while they talked about random things such as books and some movies they had seen recently.  

Venus was looking at them with a strange expression. It was like she was confused but super happy as well. Hm.. wonder what  she's thinking. Most of my focus was on Ponyboy and Johnny, not really watching the tv. I watched as the two 'best friends' spoke with high doubt there were no feelings there. Or maybe not, they are both severely traumatized so maybe there are no feelings and they are just best friends. Who knows. Maybe VENUS will decide for me. 

I watched the room, sitting quietly as they interacted. They laughed, yelled, and drank. This house may be chaotic, but they were surely a family and i admired that with all my heart.