Dan throws his arm around my shoulder. "Is everything ready for tonight, man?"

"Yes," I respond, "thanks to you.

"I hope it goes well, but I am not going to ask about the details if you don't mind."

I chuckle. "I wasn't planning on sharing them, so..." I laugh.

Phil walks up to us, "Do you both have gifts for your women yet?"

Dan nods, "Yes and I had it weeks ago, Wait, you don't have yours yet? Dude, you're screwed."

Phil nods, " I know... Jake, I need your advice, buddy."

"No worries. I have plenty of ideas. We can talk, " I respond and Phil's shoulder raises. Hope in his walk.

"Thanks, J. I will owe you one." He gives me a side smile.

"No, you won't, and we never agreed to a nickname..." I smile. The fact that Phil called me J from time to time didn't bother me as much as it should. "That's what friends do." I finish my thought. It is at this moment that I realize that Phil and I have become just that. I am proud of the things we have worked through to be in this place.

The six of us walk into the woods to find the perfect tree. Jessy and Dan find theirs right away, the two are at the point where they have known each other for so long, decisions like these didn't have to be discussed. Once finding the tree, they had to go. I was sad to see them leave. Jessy is wonderful. She and Dan have become true friends

I watch them go, knowing that it was our tardiness that made little time for them to be here with us. I wanted to feel bad, but I was with Mahri, so I had no remorse. I would always choose to be with her in my arms.

Then I turn to look at the two other women that make up my world. I sigh. They are wonderful, but this tree sorting out business was not going to be quick or easy. Betty and Mahri are more selective when it comes to picking out trees.

I had the hardest job. The cabin's ceiling was tall, 10 feet or so. That means dragging out the tallest tree after waiting for Mahri to pick out the world's most perfect tree. I don't care. I would do anything to make this happen for her. I want the cabin to be warm and inviting, I want to feel at home there. If it is something I can do to make her happy, I will do it. Besides, if I get to prove that I can be "manly" as Betty calls it, then even better. I am hoping to cash in on that image soon.

MC'sPOV:

Jessy and Dan had picked out their tree quickly. It was a shame. I missed their presence, but Betty and Phil were still debating a tree. It was great to see how the two of them worked together. The tree was for the bar. Phil wanted a "sensible" tree. Betty thought a tree should make a statement. He could care less about any of it, thinking the tree was unnecessary and could create a fire hazard, but it made her happy so he was invested. They argued, but really, they were flirting, unashamed.

He cared for her when no one was watching, always making sure that her hair was out of her eyes and that her glass was always full. Her needs were met before she. was aware of them. She made sure that she always challenged him and helped him be a better person. She always told him the truths that he needed to hear. She did that for all of us really.

I watched them from afar, pretending to decide on a tree. He was showing off. Betty had picked out a tree. It was a stunner Douglass Fir, perfect from all angles. He wore his tightest shirt today. Using that saw showed off his muscles and he knew it. I could practically see Betty drooling. Phil knew exactly what he was doing, flexing his muscles and turning at just the right angle to accentuate all of his strengths. He was such a flirt and she soaked it all in. They loved to drive each other crazy.