Part 24

The black dragon's life had changed quite a bit in a short period of time. He still wasn't sure what to make of all of it and he hadn't decided what he wanted to do in the future but for now, he enjoyed lingering around the Henituse household.

And he could admit that Roksu Henituse was quite likable, at least for a human. Besides, if he let Roksu out of his sight there was a high chance that the fool would get herself hurt. She was only a weak human and she was far too reckless.

So it was the black dragon's duty to protect the weak human, as a great and mighty dragon.

Cale Henituse was likewise not entirely unlikable. The black dragon really liked how she attacked Venion. It was a cathartic sight to see him being helpless for once.

Choi Han was also kind and strong, he really liked spending time with her as well. Choi Han often spent time with him when he was feeling uneasy and she was quite a comforting presence to have.

Ohn and Hong were also amazing. They played with him and called him their dongsaeng while giving him affection and support. It really felt like he had older siblings with them.

Back when he lived in that horrible cave, he couldn't have ever even imagined living a life like this.

No one hurt him. He was fed regularly. He could almost sleep at night without succumbing to nightmares. Although he thought that maybe it helped being able to sleep near the weak human.

When she was nearby, he had the feeling that everything would be okay.

So it was no wonder that the black dragon wanted to give something back. He wanted the people around him to be happy and he wanted to be able to stay with them for longer.

He didn't like when Choi Han looked wistful or Roksu looked sad, it didn't make any sense for them to be that way when they clearly were happy when they were together.

It just didn't make any sense at all.

He'd tried making them spend more time together, he'd even gotten Cale to help him too! They should have figured things out by now.

But he'd still spotted Roksu sighing despondently when she caught sight of Choi Han at a distance, as though she couldn't just tell Choi Han she wanted to spend time together.

It was maddening.

So he went to his noona for help.

Ohn hummed thoughtfully as she considered the problem. Hong sat beside the black dragon, resting his head on the black dragon's paws.

"Well, how about using a parallel situation?"

The black dragon frowned, he was obviously an intelligent and great dragon but he didn't quite understand what Ohn meant. "What do you mean?"

Ohn stretched out on her haunches before looking out the window towards where the Henituse twins were deep in discussion about something that was surely pointless. "Use another person as an example to point out how silly they're being."

The black dragon brightened up. "That doesn't sound too hard! The weak human is smart, she should figure it out if we present it to her like that!"

Ohn considered this before shrugging it off. Truthfully, the best tactic would probably be to directly tell them how foolish they looked. But Ohn was sort of enjoying the show.

She'd never had the chance to witness such meaningless drama before. Her life had always been a claws breadth away from ending if she made one wrong move. The comfort offered by Roksu's care meant that she could afford to be just a bit mischievous.

Besides, she was sure that the situation would resolve itself in the best way possible even without any interference at all. It was really only a matter of time before one of them lost their patience and blurted out a confession. It was actually more impressive that they'd managed to keep up their silence this long.

Ohn would like to clap her little kitty paws for them but instead she coiled up at the black dragon's other side and helped her little brothers concoct their genius plot together.

It was sure to be entertaining.

"Weak human!"

Roksu looked up from her book, a worried frown on her lips as she watched the three children rush up to her. They had a coordinated look to them that certainly spelled out trouble.

She frowned and placed her book down onto the table. This was going to be an interesting headache, she could already tell.

"I need advice!" The black dragon declared, thudding his paws against the table with a fierce expression that could be quite scary when you remembered that the adorable four year old could easily murder you.

"Yea?" Roksu prompted, wondering just what the hell had gotten the children so riled up.

"How do you make someone stop being silly?"

Roksu hesitated. Sighed. Set her book aside and invited the children to sit at the table with her. "Could you give me more context?"

"It's about Cale!" Hong burst, clearly excited to get to the point of all this.

Well, Roksu could admit that Cale was plenty silly. Although she didn't quite get what they would be talking to Roksu about this. She lifted up her tea cup to have a sip while she waited for the children to explain.

"She's in love with the prince!"

Roksu choked on her tea.

"And he likes her too!"

What the hell... who had been talking to these kids and what the hell were they being taught?

"But they're too stubborn to admit it!"

Roksu had a premonition that this was a lot of information that she really, really, really didn't want to know.

"So how do we stop them from being silly?"

Roksu gathered her composure and placed her tea cup back down onto its saucer.

"Start from the beginning." She said, knowing that she didn't want to get involved but realizing that the children needed guidance. What a terrible curse responsibility was. "Why do you think they're in love?"

Roksu was really not prepared for the onslaught of information that the children shared with her.

'Aigoo... my poor life.'