I knew their styles well, I could track their movements, but they were dangerous together, so I had to drive them apart. Lukas held a Morgenstern and was swinging it around pretending to be scary. He was the smart one of the twins, better with gadgets and tactical strategy. Liam was using a mace he was the brawn. Always at the gym, 60% to work out and 40% to flirt with the other guys there. I found it odd that neither of them decided to pick up a blade. I didn't let this phase me though, both were blunt force trauma weapons, which means I could work at a long range. I transformed and created a few knives used for throwing. The pair split apart, trying to do a pincer move on me, Liam on my left, Lukas on my right. I spotted this and flew above them, picking Lukas up by his top and throwing him on the ground, Liam tried swinging for me, but I blocked the weapon. Lukas yanked my foot down, and now I was on the floor, not my best look, I'll be the first to admit. I rolled out of the way of the Morgenstern, and instead flipped Lukas over my head into Liam, as the fell, I threw a few knives at them, scrambling to my feet. I didn't watch where I was throwing, and I knew it wasn't the best thing to do, but it caught Liam's arm enough to make a noticeable mark. I decided now would be a better time than any to create a sword, I begin swinging it at Lukas, He caught it with his weapon and dragged me forward, leaving me space to knee his stomach, making him bend in pain, I made an axe and held it to his head, "You're out," I smiled and kicked him away, flying out of the way of a mace that was hurdling towards me. Liam picked up Lukas' discarded weapon and began swinging it at me. I dove behind him and kicked the back of his knees, he fell to the floor with a grunt. I tried running for him, but he caught my leg with the chain. I was suddenly on my back, Liam came at me with the mace, so I rolled over, seeing as he was lent down, I took my chance and swung my axe near his neck, "You're out too," I smile, spinning the axe in my hand. 

A small applause sounded from outside the arena, I see that Musa and Flora had arrived and were watching me, I waved at them, taking deep breaths. I noticed Xavier walking in, surely that wasn't allowed, he was three years older, on his final year of the extension program at Red Fountain, I looked around in confusion, "What are you doing in here?" I asked, Xavier let out a low chuckle.

"They're letting me fight against you," He said, igniting his light blue sword.

"I'm going fuck this up so bad, that's so embarrassing," I say with my hand on my forehead. Xavier is extremely skilled, I have never once beaten him a fight, and I fucking hate losing. In front of a crowd too, humiliating. I put my all into the fight, throwing daggers which he dodged like they were butterflies. I tried flying upwards but he grabbed my leg and pulled me to the ground, pinning me down with his sword on my neck.

"You're out sis" He laughed, I gave him a look.

"No need to boast," I mumbled, pushing him off me, knowing I would boast for years if I had won. I heard a slow clap from outside the arena, I looked over and saw Riven staring at me. I looked at him with disgusted.

"Don't be embarrassed Princess," He yelled at me, "You tried your best. Can't say you didn't try," He laughed, I rolled my eyes.

"You're asking for a fight, and I don't want to mess up that ridiculous hair of yours." I snapped back, making an axe again.

"Since you asked so nicely, Princess," He spat back, picking up a purple blade. Before anyone could even say the word "go" Riven ran at me with full force, instead of flying upwards, I dodged and tripped him up, he stumbled but didn't fall. His specialist friends laughed, ran at me again, swinging his sword like it was some toy. This time I did fly up, just over his reach so he would look stupid in front of his friends. I laughed at him while throwing daggers. He caught one and threw it back at me. I flew back down and was quickly tackled, his arms wrapped around my waist, pushing me to the floor. We fell and tumbled, he landed on top of me, pinning down my arms and pushing his legs over mine, straddling my waist. His heavy breathing in my ear and his breath on my neck. I tried moving out of it, but the grip on my  arms was too strong. Beads of sweat trickled down his neck, as I was choking down air. I tensed against his hands and his legs over mine. I dug my nails into his wrists and Riven grunted into my ear in pain. He lifted his head and looked at me, the two of us stared at each other for just a moment. Before I felt his arms weaken and I flipped him over. I was now on top, legs around his waist and hair sticking to the sweat on the back of my neck. The two of us glistened in the summer sun. As I was holding down his wrists he reached for his blade. I kicked it back, giving him enough time to grab my neck with his hand. As I struggled against his grip, his fingers tightening around my skin. A small smile spread across his lips. I placed a hand on top of his, and one of his heaving chest. I made and axe and held it to his neck. 

"I win," I choked with a smile, before he let go. I sat back on his legs letting him sit up. Even when on top of him, Riven was still taller than me. His face so close to mine I felt his breath dance across my face. As he stared into my eyes he sighed and swallowed.

"You only got lucky, Princess," He said lifting my chin with a tight hand, "Next time, you won't," He quickly took his hand away as I swung left leg off him. I watched as his tall frame blocked out the sun before he walked away and left me sitting in the centre of the arena. I took a breath and stood up, dusting myself and smiling proudly, I looked over at Liam who mouthed "That was hot," I looked at him disgusted. 

"Well fought, Y/n, the other girls need a go now, feel free to take a shower or explore the grounds," Cordatora smiled and gave me a friendly pat on my shoulder.

I left the training grounds and wandered into the Red Fountain tower, the grand high ceilings and torch light made me think of the Solarian palace from back home. I thought I was alone, looking at the portraits from the past Headmaster's and valedictorians from each year. No doubt that one day Xavier was going to be on one of these walls. He was the best I've ever seen, aside from our dad, he was a real fighter, looked like he was carved straight from a mountain. No one would ever expect the sweetie that lived inside. As I was approaching the end of the hallway I heard footsteps approaching me in quick succession. Expecting Lukas or Liam I turned around. But it was too late, this person had pinned me against the wall I looked down at the arm across my chest, then up into Riven's face. "I'm not fighting you here," I said, unthreatened.

"I'm not trying to fight," Riven snapped.

"Oh you just pinned me against a wall for fun?" I asked sarcastically. Riven seemed to consider this, looking down onto my face like he was searching for something in it. His arm loosened but quickly his hand forcefully, but gently cupped my face. I couldn't even ask him why before his lips fell onto mine. I wasn't sure if he meant to kiss me, but soon I forgot everything, all my morals, all the words I spat about him insisting I hated him, they all  faded away and I melted into his arms. I lent against the wall as he pushed into me, taking handfuls of my hair and I swung my arms around his neck. He kissed me deeper, moving onto my jawline before slowly kissing my neck. My head fell into the wall as I scrapped my fingers across his back. I don't know how long we were there for, alternating between kissing my lips and neck. But I pushed him off when we heard the Red Fountain boy's coming back from training. I looked up at him, he stared at the floor, then my eyes, then my neck.

"You should put some ice on that," He said nodding down to my neck where the purple marks he left me remained. Before I could say anything else, Riven turned away and walked off into the long, torch-lit hallways with high ceilings. I took a moment to catch my breath, before pulling my dark curls around my neck to hide what Riven and I had done, or, what he had done to me. I clenched my jaw all the way back to Alfea, swearing up and down in my head that I hated him.